• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    TO START ANY DAMAGE YOU SEE IS MY FAULT NOT BOBCAT STEEL I DID NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING WAS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    I was in a hurry the other day to test some new loads.I had just loaded and the jacks were 80yds out on my range so I shoot them rather than setting up paper.I was shooting a 204 ruger with 39gr blitz kings.the large jack was fine it is for rifles over 100yds it has small marks on it.the small jack made for 22 and pistols however did not fair so well as you will see.anyone that thinks a 20cal wont make a big hole is wrong the hole is 3/8in. also i shott the large jack with a 45acp it was vary fun flipped over 1 turn every time just as it was made to do.vary fun target.I will probably have it get another large jack at the next 1500.

TO BE VARY CLEAR I AM VARY HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT!

large jack
    1y7tl4.jpg

large shoot with 204 and 45acp
    2w5rbsm.jpg

small jack
    eqz2bm.jpg

small shot with 22 and not recommended 204
    2nb822p.jpg

I hope this helps someone this are great products made in indiana just dont abuse them.I plan to weld and grind smooth the small target as soon as my new shop is completed.:yesway:

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Gotta respect the speed of a 4000 fps round! I got to see the aftermath of some 243wssm this weekend myself. Mean little bastard....

Thanks for the review.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    TO START ANY DAMAGE YOU SEE IS MY FAULT NOT BOBCAT STEEL I DID NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING WAS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    I was in a hurry the other day to test some new loads.I had just loaded and the jacks were 80yds out on my range so I shoot them rather than setting up paper.I was shooting a 204 ruger with 39gr blitz kings.the large jack was fine it is for rifles over 100yds it has small marks on it.the small jack made for 22 and pistols however did not fair so well as you will see.anyone that thinks a 20cal wont make a big hole is wrong the hole is 3/8in. also i shott the large jack with a 45acp it was vary fun flipped over 1 turn every time just as it was made to do.vary fun target.I will probably have it get another large jack at the next 1500.

TO BE VARY CLEAR I AM VARY HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT!

large jack
    1y7tl4.jpg

large shoot with 204 and 45acp
    2w5rbsm.jpg

small jack
    eqz2bm.jpg

small shot with 22 and not recommended 204
    2nb822p.jpg

I hope this helps someone this are great products made in indiana just dont abuse them.I plan to weld and grind smooth the small target as soon as my new shop is completed.:yesway:

How do you think the pistol jack would fare up against 9mm? Also, how tall are they?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    A 9mm won't hurt it a bit. Just keep some paint on it after you use it so it doesn't rust. They're fun little targets. I'm guessing it's around a foot tall, give or take.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I was just researching this...as evidenced by another thread, and I thought, "it would be really fun to turn this into a dueling game. You stand on one side, your opponent stands directly opposite. You both shoot and see who can get the Jack over to the other shooter first. Just a thought, throwing it out there. Maybe you all can improve on the idea.

( I wish I had bought one at the 1500. I got distracted and forgot to come back.)

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    If I understand correctly, wouldn't that put you shooting in the direction of your opponent?

A dueling tree is probably what you are looking for.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I was just researching this...as evidenced by another thread, and I thought, "it would be really fun to turn this into a dueling game. You stand on one side, your opponent stands directly opposite. You both shoot and see who can get the Jack over to the other shooter first. Just a thought, throwing it out there. Maybe you all can improve on the idea.

( I wish I had bought one at the 1500. I got distracted and forgot to come back.)

I can imagine the whole directly opposite thing would be an issue.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    so...it needs some tweaking...

Maybe I'll just be a spectator.

(Seriously, when I saw your jacks at the show I was depressed that I hadn't thought of that. GREAT design! GREAT! Simplicity is beautiful.)

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    Oh, so you race to each others feet at either 25 or 75 yards? What if they hit in the middle? Maybe you just rotate 90 degrees and keep firing.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Oh, so you race to each others feet at either 25 or 75 yards? What if they hit in the middle? Maybe you just rotate 90 degrees and keep firing.

What? No, place them side by side and two shooters (shooting next to each other, downrange) race to see who can get it to a certain point.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    If you're next to each other you might have an issue with hot brass, unless one is a lefty. Be easier my way than trying to learn to shoot left handed.

Top Bottom