• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I just acquired a bunch of radiology room lead. I estimate that I have a couple hundred pounds worth. I plan to list it in the classifieds soon, but haven't yet weighed it or taken any pictures. Looking to see if there's any interest - and if anyone knows the going rate for pure lead.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I cast a lot of bullets. See lead listed from $.50 for range scrap to $2 for linotype. Most often see soft lead going for about $1 a pound.

That is still high in my opinion, however others may value it at more.

Good Luck.

Don

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I got some radiology room lead a while back. It was in thin large sheets. Some of it was clean while some had adhesive and even chunks of drywall stuck to it. Good soft lead for casting. Still have a bunch of it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A lot of your final sale price will be reflected in how much work it takes to get it into clean ingot form.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I pay .50 cents a pound for wheel weights. These get turned into pistol bullets, as is, or witj some Linotype added.
    As far as soft lead, I can get pretty much all I want for free. I have friends that are plumbers and commercial contractors that give me lead.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I just acquired a bunch of radiology room lead. I estimate that I have a couple hundred pounds worth. I plan to list it in the classifieds soon, but haven't yet weighed it or taken any pictures. Looking to see if there's any interest - and if anyone knows the going rate for pure lead.
    Do you reckon that it is pretty much pure lead or an alloy? I think that pure lead is still used in muzzleloaders, but I may be wrong.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Top Bottom