• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The sad - sad - sad - fact is this - the "bumpfire" stock - make the LV incident "Sc-sc-sc-SCARIER" for those with no real knowledge or understanding.

The killer(s?) - took A LOT - of time between reload and had gobs of "unused" time - based when things started - and when the police "finally" got into the room to "force an end".
    I have yet to see a "total round count" (estimates are between 500 and 1K rounds?) - over 10 to 16 minutes ...

It makes me think back to my discussion and video following Sandy Hook where I was told "He couldn't have done this much damage if he didn't have an AR" ... to my test (and video) of me shooting a 5 shot sub nose 38 (which I had never shot before the test video) and getting about 90 shots in the first 5 minutes (and 150 in 10 minutes, including several rounds dropped in the grass) - on target - with no speed loaders and all the ammo just dumped into my cargo pants pockets ...

... and I come to the conclusion that while the stock "made it more frightening"
    ... more damage could probably have been done with standard mags, standard stock, and ... well do I need to finish?

No to this slippery (highly greased) slope of legislature. Just No. It is a dumb, wasteful accessory, not one I want, but NO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He just making his move in the game of chess. This has already been discussed as to how it play out by him and his constituents along with NRA and the ATF. Next move now is for the ATF to sit on it for a good while then come back to Congress and state something along the lines of "we have no guidance as to how to re-elvauate". By that time no one will care much about Vegas and it will fade into time with other things eating up air time such as Kim and his pathetic missile program and Kim Kardashian being mugged in Paris over a $4k pair of shoes

This is correct!

A lot have their panties in a bunch over the Speaker/NRA prematurely.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    The sad - sad - sad - fact is this - the "bumpfire" stock - make the LV incident "Sc-sc-sc-SCARIER" for those with no real knowledge or understanding.

The killer(s?) - took A LOT - of time between reload and had gobs of "unused" time - based when things started - and when the police "finally" got into the room to "force an end".
    I have yet to see a "total round count" (estimates are between 500 and 1K rounds?) - over 10 to 16 minutes ...

It makes me think back to my discussion and video following Sandy Hook where I was told "He couldn't have done this much damage if he didn't have an AR" ... to my test (and video) of me shooting a 5 shot sub nose 38 (which I had never shot before the test video) and getting about 90 shots in the first 5 minutes (and 150 in 10 minutes, including several rounds dropped in the grass) - on target - with no speed loaders and all the ammo just dumped into my cargo pants pockets ...

... and I come to the conclusion that while the stock "made it more frightening"
    ... more damage could probably have been done with standard mags, standard stock, and ... well do I need to finish?

No to this slippery (highly greased) slope of legislature. Just No. It is a dumb, wasteful accessory, not one I want, but NO.

500 to 1,000 rounds in 10-16 minutes. Tim (MAC) has a torture test video of a pistol where he shoots 1,000 in 12 minutes, from either 15 or 17 round magazines, while complaining of his hand being tired, little bit of BS talking, etc.

Vegas easily could've been done with a couple dozen SKS with the original fixed mags and just switching guns out, we all know that. BUT, this guy shopped at the 'scary gun' store. Red dot sights, bipods, large magazines, scary handguard, barrel shroud thingies, tannerite, bumpstocks. I think I even seen one of those 'shoulder things that go up'

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Do we think this bill will get any real traction? Or is just a "feel good" measure to try and appease the sheep?

No traction is my guess. Too many other factors involved. Biggest being mid-term elections. Unfortunately for the 9 turncoat R's, well they obviously didn't get the memo and showed their hand. A lot on that list has committed political suicide now. As CM stated, continue to bother your congress critters

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    Paul Ryan is not bringing any gun control bills to the floor. He's telling the ATF to make a ruling on bumpfire stocks.
    Ryan is a *****. He's doing that to put blame on Trump. All Ryan had to do was say that Obama's ATF had approved bump stocks and he wasn't be bringing any gun control bills to the floor. Instead he tees up the left to go after Trump.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ryan is a *****. He's doing that to put blame on Trump. All Ryan had to do was say that Obama's ATF had approved bump stocks and he wasn't be bringing any gun control bills to the floor. Instead he tees up the left to go after Trump.

Blame on Trump? Not his first reason for giving back to ATF. That's just an added benefit for him. And is there any links suggesting that the left is blaming Trump for this?

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Blame on Trump? Not his first reason for giving back to ATF. That's just an added benefit for him. And is there any links suggesting that the left is blaming Trump for this?
    I think we will find out his political leaning is left or a convert. So I think the left is doing everything they can to hide the truth while pushing an agenda.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    For Pete's sake, SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT!

If you want someone to listen to you, at least give someone that level of courtesy.

Agreed but................holy cow! It's the internet. If spelling and grammar were required, there would be no forums. Two ewes teh vernackelar, ef speeling and gramer wear rekwired they're wood bee know fourums.

As for the bill...........fat chance. It's just posturing.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I don't have links - but when you look up the one - there is a second "we the people" thing to sign for this - best to sign both - so AT LEAST 1 get there.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I don't have links - but when you look up the one - there is a second "we the people" thing to sign for this - best to sign both - so AT LEAST 1 get there.

Hmmm... That's strange. It's in posts 30 and 31.

Sigming both isn't a bad plan. I shared the one I did because it seemed to be taking off quicker. It had 11k+ signatures last night. Niw, it has over 18k. I just hope one or the other can get over 100k!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    There were four other bills that were introduced. Posted links to them elsewhere but apparently got no attention:

These are links to the bills on line and I've set them up to take you to the text of the bill. These two are nearly the same. The wording similar but not the same as H.R.3999.

S.1916 - Sen. Feinstein, Dianne, D-CA
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3947/text

H.R.3947 - Rep. Cicilline, David N., D-RI-1
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3947/text

Two more bills related to firearms . . .
    The passive goal for a number of proposed laws that sound benign to many people is requiring a national gun registry to be established by federal regulation to implement what the law requires. For example, how would you know if someone is complying with a national liability insurance requirement if the law also requires the government to ensure compliance similar to auto insuarance?

This one could be construed as requiring the Attorney General to establish a national gun registry to make it function even though the bill text itself says nothing about a registry.
    H.R.3986 - Rep. Velazquez, Nydia M., D-NY-7
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3986/text

This one, in addition to taxing and recording the collection of that tax (read: passive registry) for every 4473 with record keeping requirements, plus 1 yr in prison and a $10,000 fine for not reporting a lost or stolen weapon within 48 hours. This is clock hours which include weekends and holidays. Imagine the problems someone in Napa Valley would have attempting to comply with that after their house burned down. They have not only lost their entire home and all its content, they're going to be imprisoned for a year and fined $10k because they couldn't report the loss with the long list of required data within 48 hours.
    H.R.3987 - Rep. Velazquez, Nydia M., D-NY-7
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3987/text

Just a few more you ought to know about . . .

John

Last edited:
    Top Bottom