• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    The more they propose ridiculous and radical bills that are sure not to pass, the easier it is for a compromise on a more seemingly reasonable bill that will only restrict our rights in a smaller way. This allows them to take baby steps towards their grander scheme of total gun control. I think of it as the game "Mother may I". When I was young and played that game, you would ask for a huge advancement in that game, knowing that the "Mother" would reject it. This allowed a slightly less ridiculous request to now seem more reasonable. Ask a million times for all guns to be turned in or everyone faces jail, will be turned down. But once you start asking less ridiculous things, like banning the sale of semi-auto firearms, but allow grandfathering, seems more reasonable (while still absolutely ridiculous). But who knows, I could be wrong and the IL politicians truly think this has a chance.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Democrats have a Super-Majority in both the Illinois House and Illinois Senate and they have a very anti-gun Governor. It is actually possible this bill could pass.
    Doesn't matter. We've been assured by those in the know that this is just a fund raising scare tactic on the part of ISRA. We can all go take a nap.

Oh, wait.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wow, I guess we will see if this is a test case for the rest of the country. Illinois I hope you stand united and strong to protect your second amendment right that your officials have been hell bent on destroying!

dreamer56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Next door in Illinois
    Hey, anybody can call - I don't care where you live but feel free to give our Illinois Senate "leaders" a phone call early tomorrow morning... your help would be appreciated. You can find their phone numbers in a couple of the earlier posted links.

Note how similar this language is to the stuff be proposed nationally - I never thought anything like this would be going on in our country - very sad.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I just read both bills. Unbelievable. It is time for the people of Illinois to stand up for their rights. If this passes, holy sweet Jesus, mother Mary, Joseph and the donkey they rode onto Bethlehem on...

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Don't let being a Hoosier stop you from calling all the Illinois lawmakers.

Top Bottom