• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I was over in the Marion, IN area today and happened across a nice shop on the North side of Marion called McDonald's Guns. Never been there before, didn't even know they existed but happy I found them. From the moment I walked in I could tell it was a nicely run place. I was cordially greeted but not overwhelmed. They were willing to discuss any number of things with me and showed me several things I wanted to handle then put them back in the case without seeming a bit anxious about selling me something. I got the distinct impression they were good people.

They had a lot of different things from over & under shotguns to new and used handguns of all types. Price wise I would say they were decent. Some things better than others but you get that about everywhere. If you are in the area I would check them out. Address is 1757 South 600 East, Marion, IN 46953.

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Marion

Thats funny my buddy and i went to Rushville gun show about a month ago <small show> so we decided to go to the marion gun show instead but the show was only saturday so being a sunday we thought we would look for other gun shops and we found this small gun shop very nice people and affordable guns of all kinds. i traded my 223 rifle for a xdm 9 mm 3.8

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I've shopped with Jeff and Gary several times over the years, always get a warm welcome and good advice, whether it be about a particular gun, ammunition or a reloading question.

Great shop!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I just had a brilliant idea, a gun store with a McDonalds in it, browsing while eating a Big Mac :laugh:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    It's a second-generation gun shop. I've been doing business with 'em for a long time. Both Jeff and his dad are very good folks.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Yeah, nice shop and people. Very casual laid back atmosphere. They've got about 4 or 5 stools in there at one end of the counter that you're more than welcome to set on for a spell. So easy going in there that I told Jeff he should probably get a pot bellied stove with a table and checkerboard on it for one corner.
    They are good people to deal with and are always ready to do a trade. Sure, you can probably find some items cheaper from a mail order house. But the ability to hands on and discuss the item before purchasing means a lot.
    They've also good a very good selection of reloading components and equipment, including Dillon. Always nice to be able to run to them on a late Saturday afternoon if I need something in order to finish up on my current reload run.
    Gary, Jeff's dad who started the shop, used to be a very good .45 comp. shooter back in his younger days. Was on the national tour for a while. He's now into high end shotguns and trap shooting.
    They're open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM to 5 PM.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Just stopped by today and was very pleased with my visit. He understood I was new to the type of rifle and to the use of a scope. Took time with me to show me different scopes, lay out all the pros and cons of each model. Offered me information on local firing clubs and which ones would my needs. Left with a good starting scope, rings, base, bi-pod and lense covers. Prices were reasonable and service was great. Parts were also installed and setup at shop free.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    These guys will get you into a Dillon press for 5% over retail cost. They are a preferred dealer. You can also put one in Layaway there and make payments over 90 days. Plus they will help you with parts in the unlikely event that a Dillon actually breaks....

Jeff is a second generation 1911 shooter and reloader. I actually got a recipe recommendation from Gary - one he shot for years and years in competition.

Very good gun shop. We are fortunate to have them around here.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    These guys will get you into a Dillon press for 5% over retail cost. They are a preferred dealer. You can also put one in Layaway there and make payments over 90 days. Plus they will help you with parts in the unlikely event that a Dillon actually breaks....

Jeff is a second generation 1911 shooter and reloader. I actually got a recipe recommendation from Gary - one he shot for years and years in competition.

Very good gun shop. We are fortunate to have them around here.

Did they have any stuff in stock? Needing one of their big separators.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Mcdonald's is an awesome shop. I stop in there EVERY week, and have bought quite a few firearms there. Service is very friendly, never pushy.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm actually going to stop in there today after I buy my glock for some ammo and perhaps something to dress it up a bit more. I went there a couple weeks ago and the few questions I had were answered perfectly. Great place!

Top Bottom