• ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    MSG2 Calendar for 2011

This is a general idea of what we'd like to do this year. I'll be posting polls on specific dates for some of the meets. We'll post details as we have them. Help is going to be needed to make this successful. As a coordinator for MSG2, please PM me if you can help out, or have other ideas.

Above all else, we need local coordinators to take some responsibility for identifying members in your area and setting some dates for local meet-ups.

March -

• Local Meet-ups
    • Indy 1500 Meet-up (March 19th, 8-11 and Rally Point: Four Seasons, 70&Shadeland)
    • Mormon Home Storage Center Meet-up (Tuesdays)
    April
    • Swap Meet
    • Local Meet-ups
    • MSG2 BUG OUT
    May

• Training Meeting (communications, CPR/First Aid, basic preparations)
    • MSG2 BUG OUT
    • Local Meet-ups
    June

• Local meet-ups
    • Indy 1500 meet-up (June 4th)
    • Appleseed meet-up

July

• Social Event
    August

• Local Meet-ups
    • Indy 1500 meet-up (Aug 27th)
    September

• Skill Demonstrations/Training, Alternative Weapons Demonstration (TBD)
    • MSG2 BUG OUT

October

• Swap Meet
    • Indy 1500 meet-up (Oct 22nd)
    • Local Meet-ups
    November

• Training Meet-up (Food preparation)
    • MSG2 BUG OUT
    December

• Charity Drive
    • Social Event
    Events:
    Indy 1500 meet-up - we would like to find a firearms friendly place to gather before/after attending the Indy 1500.

Local Meet-ups - I can't stress the importance of finding local people you can trust and rely on for help. These meet-ups can be private, or open to anyone. They can be for planning, instruction, practicing skills, or just a social event.

MSG2 BUG OUT - The group will decide on a date per quarter. The main idea is to try out your preparations. People can participate at their own level. Some suggestions included:

• in-place bug out, where you cut the power and water for a day/night
    • hiking from work to home following your planned route and using only your bug out bag
    • driving to any of several locations (state parks as an example) and using your bug out bag to camp there.
    Training meetings - These are the large group gathers we've had at my house. We've come up with a plan to break into smaller groups, and rotate between different topics. This should relieve the over-crowding and heat issues we've had in the past.

Swap Meet - We held one of these last year, and it was a good event. Great place to bring your extra/unused items and make some money passing them on.

Social Event - This will be a family friendly cookout, either at my house, or some park. Great place to get together & meet like minded people. We'll need to have a small group work on this so we can provide some games for kids and adults, maybe find some raffle prizes and such.

Charity Drive - Everyone at the planning meeting thought it would be a great idea to have a charity or two that we can focus our attention on for the year. Charities that deal with veterans or children were the most popular around the group. If we plan now, we can collect money/items all year and make a mass donation at the end of the year.

Appleseed Meet-up - We love guns, but how many of us have a rifle that we're not very proficient with. Appleseed is a great program to learn marksmanship and some of the history of the American Revolution.

Mormon Home Storage Center Meet-up - Home storage centers have wheat, white rice, dry beans, other basic food items, and packaging supplies available for members to purchase. The centers also have packaging rooms and equipment available for packaging of products purchased at these facilities. This has been mentioned several times at various MSG2 meetings, so let's get a group and do it. Reservations are required.

Reloading - There's been a lot of interest in people learning how to reload ammunition. I've got equipment and space available, and I can show you the basics. I'll try to plan one or two evening sessions for this. If other people have the equipment, space or expertise, please contact me, or feel free to offer your services to other members.

Garage Night - This was from a few private conversations, but there are several MSG2 members who'd like to learn more about working on vehicles. Again, I've got the space, equipment and some knowledge of this. I've also got plenty of vehicles we can work on, if others don't have projects.

Firearms Instruction - We had a small group at our last MSG2 meeting, and E5RANGER375 was able to demonstrate how to break-down and clean an AR15 rifle. More training like this for the gun newbies in the group would be a great thing to offer.

Skill Demonstrations/Training - We have a lot of various skills in the group, including blacksmithing, knife sharpening, leather working, etc. It would be great if people could demonstrate and train others in these skills.

Alternative Weapons Demonstration - Want to shoot a black powder rifle, throw a knife or fight with a cane? We've got people with the equipment and expertise to demonstrate this.

Last edited:

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Im up in Noblesville, is this my area. These are all things I would like to do. I have been to the LDS warehouse to pickup stuff and would love to meet up with a group to package one night. I am a CPR instructor and would be happy to help in that area. Is there a central forum where we could talk. What is the date of the next event. Thanks

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I started a group discussion and soon meeting for Vigo County,

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ess/137320-msg_-_vigo_county.html#post1708692

Now having this information I have a little direction instead of just letting it unfold on it's own, Thanks..

I am open to any ideas on how to make the effort work..

All of these events are going to have things in common, like locations, days of the week and such.

You could scout locations for rally points. This would be for different "event levels." Like maybe a restaurant or other public for a green event, a parking lot for a blue event, state park for red event.

You can serve as a point of local contact. You can tell the coordinators how many people to expect and about when. Then a scenario is planned out towards the end of the year for a poker run using the rally points as places to gather teams, get cards, and instructions for the next stage.

You'd need someone in charge of an advance team at each rally point, and at the final location, to greet and direct people where to stay. The person at the final location would have to be in charge.

Those are just some ideas. Start a thread for your area's plans for the 1500. See if you can start carpool. Find a local location to meet to carpool, and find someone to be in charge at the local location.

Dates can be voted on for each item on the calendar.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    You're more than welcome to any of the events or meetings, and we'll do the best to keep the flow of info coming.

I sometimes miss some of the posts too. (My problem is I haven't been going through all the rooms, just hitting the "Unread Posts" link at the top of the homepage.) Best thing to do is check the Survival and Preparedness threads frequently and subscribe (or post in threads, which automatically subscribes you) to applicable threads.

Top Bottom