• ...and so much more!
  • JACKD7

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Westfield
    Interesting experience with the new staff behind the counter at Gander Mountain. Mark Mortier not on duty and Mark the gunsmith long gone. After the counter man pointed the Cz at me a couple of times I wanted to handle, he passed me off to another staffer to process the paper work. Walking to the computer he was tossing the gun up in the air and spinning it around and catching it. He couldn't get the computer to work and had help from another new counter guy who dry fired with one hand while he tapped on the computer with the other. All this and I paid the Gander Mountain "premium".:welcome:

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    The Castleton Gander has gone through severe changes in the past few months, just about every employee that had been there (including several managers and store manager) has been laid off or fired.

I am surprised he could find another employee that knew how to work the computer

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    The Castleton Gander has gone through severe changes in the past few months, just about every employee that had been there (including several managers and store manager) has been laid off or fired.

I am surprised he could find another employee that knew how to work the computer

i fail to see how this isn't an improvement. None of them were ever interested in helping me.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I knew they were in trouble the other day when I was asked if I wanted a job working the gun counter. They are hiring I guess and any gun store that would have ME as a sales person must really be desperate!

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    My father and I went in there when I was goin to go buy my first gun I had about a 1000 dollars my pocke. I knew the two guns I wanted to see (XDm and a Glock), and they ignored me while they let my dad fondle every gun he glanced at. After my father told them I was looking to buy a firearm they ignored him and help another man, so I went to Bradis.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    My father and I went in there when I was goin to go buy my first gun I had about a 1000 dollars my pocke. I knew the two guns I wanted to see (XDm and a Glock), and they ignored me while they let my dad fondle every gun he glanced at. After my father told them I was looking to buy a firearm they ignored him and help another man, so I went to Bradis.

GM doesn't seem to get it. Look there buy elsewhere.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I went in there once a couple years ago. They had something on sale at a decent price I thought I would add to the collection and happened to be up that way. After several people working behind the counter went up to everyone but me and asked if they needed help I stopped one of them and said "you can help me" he asked what I needed and I told him to take the gun I was going to buy and shove it up his a**. Haven't been back since

hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    the experience

Interesting experience with the new staff behind the counter at Gander Mountain. Mark Mortier not on duty and Mark the gunsmith long gone. After the counter man pointed the Cz at me a couple of times I wanted to handle, he passed me off to another staffer to process the paper work. Walking to the computer he was tossing the gun up in the air and spinning it around and catching it. He couldn't get the computer to work and had help from another new counter guy who dry fired with one hand while he tapped on the computer with the other. All this and I paid the Gander Mountain "premium".:welcome:
    Yeah, I would have probably just walked out empty handed. Don't have much patience with those who disrespect a working man and his hard earned money.

Mace010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    East Central
    I went in before they got rid of 2/3 their inventory and changed the layout. Was probably 2 years ago. Was very happy with selection and service, went back in a few months ago, decided most my purchases will be from a local gun Shop.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I had a good hearty belly laugh after stopping in the Castleton GM today. I was in the neighborhood so I figured I would drop in real quick on the off chance they did have an ammo sale going on.

Blazer Brass 9mm was 39 cents per rd. :faint:

But things got really funny when a did a quick pass down the gun counter. They had the original Ruger LCP listed at $399.99. I literally laughed out loud. :laugh:

I got one about 6 months ago at a nearby LGS for $214 out the door.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I had a good hearty belly laugh after stopping in the Castleton GM today. I was in the neighborhood so I figured I would drop in real quick on the off chance they did have an ammo sale going on.

Blazer Brass 9mm was 39 cents per rd. :faint:

But things got really funny when a did a quick pass down the gun counter. They had the original Ruger LCP listed at $399.99. I literally laughed out loud. :laugh:

I got one about 6 months ago at a nearby LGS for $214 out the door.
    I can't stand going there anymore, once in a blue moon you will find a semi-deal in that store. I just drive on by and off to somewhere else I go.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I found Remington Golden Bullets for 6 cents per round last time I was there a few months ago. I feel like there's a half decent ammo deal about 1 out of every 5-6 times I go in. I live close enough that it's worth stopping in every once in a while, but I have never bought a gun there.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Haven't bought a gun there since the 90's. still go to look at other stuff but rarely buy unless on sale. Back in the day you could go in on the day shift and the counter was manned by old retired gun cranks that knew what they were talking about. Now they only hire tactical beard guys and chuckleheads

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I used to work there, as did another close relative. We no longer shop there after how they treated us, unless we really need something other places were out of.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Expect higher prices. The big fancy buildings cost more so they have to mark that stuff up more.

At least thats what the owner of PSS apparently tells his customers now when they dont like his higher prices at the new store. :rolleyes:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The TH GM is also high priced but I have a friend who works there, used to be the Firearms Manager, but now is just one of the guys behind the counter. I go into talk to him now and then and to tell the customers the things he can't without getting into trouble. It's fun! He stepped down from his management position because he wanted to semi-retire. He is not a close friend or anything but I do like talking to him when I can. He used to give me ridiculous trade in cash for things back in the day. I always knew I could do best there rather than other places. Now I watch the new manager steal guns from people for nearly a quarter of what they will sell them for and shake my head. How stupid people are, I did it because I needed cash now and then but they don't pay out now, you can get a gift card or trade value. Gander Mountain is the last place I will go, and then only to check it out before I order it elsewhere.

Top Bottom