• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let's stick this here for a while. If you are aware of any active polls asking people about their feelings about guns, gun rights, potential bans, etc., please post them here so our members can go out there and give input.

If you want to contact your national, state and local representatives, go to this Indiana state-sponsored database to enter your address to produce the results. I used it this morning and it's pretty good, but for some reason it enters the letters twice. So, just type normally and go back to remove the excess letters.

Example Letter

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que could we also get our state and national representatives listed here with email address's and phone numbers?

I've included the address to a database in order to allow everyone to contact the correct officials.

Also, I don't believe ArmedProgrammer would mind this, but he's generated a powerful letter that can be used to send to our legislators or you can come up with your own.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    INGO, there are a lot of people who do not post on INGO, but are watching what we have to say. They are watching our board, as well as Twitter and Face Book pages. That list includes politicians, three-letter organizations, anti-gun folks and voters. If you have a link to any positive actions taking place on our behalf, please post them here, so we can link them to the INGO Twitter and Face Book sites. So far we have sent out Guys's offer to train teachers and the "Open Letter" by ArmedProgrammer. I see Nucone has just posted a letter, as well. Let's get some of these massages in emails to our elected officials and not simply post them here to read and discuss.

Let's not become complacent and lulled to sleep with all of the rhetoric that is being projected through the media. We must remain vigilant and keep the discussion going in a positive way. It will be better if we stay active instead of waiting to react to whatever the other side has in mind.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    A list of potential places to send letters to would be a good idea. I am sure I missed some. I had to querry search for them on the net. I expect many would not go to the trouble of that, but if a form letter could be set up with a place to enter the senders data and click send I am sure that would help. The tampon queen from indy has a link attached to her site that does just that. you enter your name, address, zip and it automatically sends it to the washington people it needs to go to and then to your reps in your zip. She cliped it from some anti gun site that was already set up and attached to her facebook page, Can that be done here pro gun and lock it at the top of the forum page ?

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Thanks for the link.

Any ideas on what can be done to help defeat any type of AWB or additional gun laws is greatly appreciated. One starts by calling, writing and sending telegrams (assume better than an e-mail .. but not for sure so maybe add the e-mail also) to ones representatives. However, every assistance in wording of the messages, how often to contact (i.e. more than daily is probably counter productive and maybe weekly or when something changes is best) and probably most important how to get everyone else also making contact is a great help.

Not opposed to finical support but again for a grass roots program who, what and where are always a questions.

Always useful to have inputs from those that have worked in the political arena, PR and/or lobbying.

How to influence politicians and lobby effectively

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    I have contacted my representitive, John Yarmuth (D) representing the Louisville KY area by email and by phone. I never get through on the phone, but I did get this reply from his office via email.

"
    Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about additional gun control measures in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter, but respectfully disagree.

As I have stated, I agree that Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun. That gun, by the way, is statistically far more likely to result in the injury or death of someone close to me or them, than someone bent on doing harm. Moving forward from the terrible tragedy in Newtown, CT, we must have a discussion on where we draw the line between keeping our citizens as safe as possible and pro tecting the right to bear arms. Currently, I believe that line is not drawn enough toward guaranteeing the safety of our citizens.

While we do not see eye-to-eye on this issue, I would welcome your advice and input as the debate on this topic evolves in the upcoming weeks and months. Thank you again for sharing your views. If you would like to learn more about my work in Washington and in Louisville, please visit my website at Congressman John Yarmuth : Home where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter (@RepJohnYarmuth). "

I expect now, with the increase in federal hitting people he is going to have a whole other set of issues to address but this answer is all the more reason to fight on. We must not surrender to this and we must make sure to hold people like this accountable in the next election cycle.

True Republican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Groups With Polls

Hello Everyone,

There are several organizations dedicated to making our voices heard. Here is a list of a few.

National Rifle Association
    National Association for Gun Rights
    Capitalism Institute
    RandPac
    The Tea Party

Many of these and others can be found on Facebook. Capitalism Institute may sound like a Conservative organization however, they are truly all for capitalism free and equal. RandPac is Rand Paul own Political Action Committee I have done a lot of research into political situations recently and I find that Senator Paul(KY) is our greatest ally. He has consistently been the one Senator keeping Harry Reid on his toes. The Tea Party Is a very Conservative group, however I have found that their system of contacting elected officials works very well.
    There also always remains actually contacting your representatives personally. I have had success with this route as well. I have in fact received three letters from Senator Coats concerning issues I have contacted him on.

:patriot:

Gsxr600kg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I just want to say that this whole situation is so incredibly frustrating... I can't believe that we have to fight this tyranny again. We have given the govt too much power and now we can't get the power back... Sad times

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    It appears that my previous post was deleted. Is it wrong to speak the truth on this forum? Is it wrong to state the fact that the 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution to protect The People against Tyranny?

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I received this from Senator Donnelly:
    I am a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I have voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. It is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like that happening again.
    Whether a gun owner or not, a Democrat or a Republican, everyone would agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern is not those who follow the law, but those who do not. For this reason, I will not support legislation that would ban the sale of assault weapons to those who obey the law. I will, however, give serious consideration to proposals that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    Oh man i hate that moms club. I was trying to inform them on some mistakes and hopefully some friendly banter between them. They are so biased. They deleted my posts and blocked me from posting period. I hate people like that well it looks by their like page and posts they are not doing too good in Indiana. I said you don't even know if somebody is cc next to you. What are you going to do shop for everything from the Internet. Cause I guarantee somebody is cc in your so called gun free stores.

slickshot223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2015
    Loudonville
    Am on a Northwest site reading some of the issues those folk are facing out there! I was given the permission to reproduce the following, think the message is spot on!! Has to do with fighting the British many years ago!!

[FONT=&quot]If we compare these events of the past to today's struggles we have to take note that it's not a centralized foreign power trying to take our arms. It is our neighbors, family, co-workers and maybe even our friends. It's also our own Federal, State and local governments. The domestic support for the confiscation of arms is broad. It's tentacles can reach down to even those living under the same roof. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]While we share the same end goal as our brother's and sister's of the late 1700s, the circumstances and methods to accomplish the goal will no doubt have to be different. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To those who say "I will not comply", history will judge you as being right. But I hope you will not give up trying to change the minds of your brother's and sister's of today. The support for our just cause would be better won by the end of a pen rather then the end of a barrel. The power of the pen is mighty these days extending to a nearly endless source of media platforms and communication techniques. We should expand our use of this pen to convince as many of our brother's and sister's as possible that the subjugation of our right to bear arms is as unjust now as it was then. I ask that no matter how futile it may seem at times, that you continue to use the power of the pen until the very day you have to raise the end of the barrel. I hope and pray that day doesn't come.[/FONT]

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Cutting BULL

I just read through Yarmuth's letter. The facts are not with this PUTZ. We need to be representing COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL! (A FIRM GRIP, PROPER SIGHT ALIGNMENT, AND PROPER PROJECTILE FOR THE JOB). GUN CONTROL IS TREASON!!! We need to make this point repeatedly. We need a place here to compile the facts:. The FBI, CDC and other alphabet agencies have statistics. 98% of mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Self defence with firearms happens around 2 million times per year. Legal guns are rarely used in homicides. Accidental shootings are down. We need a place to put these statistics, and whose study we are quoting. Propaganda is winning, and the younger generations believe false statistics. We HOOSIERS need to be demanding the resignations of our congress critters that are hanging us out to dry! A Republican congresswoman from Indiana sponsored and introduced the FIRST RED FLAG LEGISLATION this session!! I think We the citizens of Indiana should bring her up on TREASON CHARGES:soapbox::rules::ranton:
    dcdirtylaundry.com has a great article with a KY congressman begging us to stop a coming bill, we have a week.
    If anyone knows how to post from a phone, without social media I need a Tudor.

Top Bottom