• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Here are the steps to for new members to join and current members to renew membership at MCFG. Here is the same steps in checklist form:
    View attachment 2014-02-01 HOW TO JOIN OR RENEW MCFG.pdf

HOW TO JOIN MARION COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION

These are the steps for a NEW member to join Marion County Fish and Game Association (MCFG) or a PRIOR MEMBER WHO DID NOT RENEW BY THE CUT-OFF DATE:

1. ATTEND AN APPROVED TRAINING CLASS:

1. FILL OUT PAPERWORK: If you show up to a meeting with your paperwork already completed, it is a huge help. You need to fill out the following:

1. BRING PAYMENT:

1. ATTEND A BOARD MEETING OR VOLUNTEER DAY WITH SAFETY ORIENTATION:
      • In order to join, prospective new members are required to attend a Board Meeting (typically the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm) or Volunteer Day (typically a weekend in April). Please double check the club's schedule, as it shows the updated Board Meeting dates.
      • A Safety Orientation will be conducted as part of every Monthly Board Meeting and Volunteer Day. If you arrive late to the meeting, you will not be allowed to go through Safety Orientation and you will not be allowed to join. It is recommended that you show up at least 15 minutes early. Once the meeting starts, one of our existing members will give you our Safety Orientation and answer any questions you may have. Please make sure you pay attention and ask questions! Please make sure you pay attention to the Safety Orientation. Violations of club rules can result in suspension or revocation of memberships.
      • Be sure to bring:
        • Payment.
        • Signed certificate of completion of Training.
        • Application and Quiz if you completed them beforehand.

HOW TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT MARION COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION

These are the steps for existing Marion County Fish and Game Association (MCFG) members who have a CURRENT AND ACTIVEmembership and wish to renew:

1. WHEN DO I HAVE TO SEND MY MONEY: Your renewal is due between January 1st and the first Volunteer Day of the year.
      • If your dues don't arrive by the first Volunteer Day, you are out of luck and you'll have to pay the New Membership Fee, meet the Education Requirement, and go through the Safety Orientation during a normal Board Meeting.
      • Please don't ask for "special consideration". These rules are designed to make it fair for all members as well as the volunteer Board.

1. HOW MUCH ARE ANNUAL DUES:

1. WHAT PAPERWORK IS NEEDED:
      • A copy of the Membership Application must accompany your renewal and must be filled out every YEAR; this includes Life Members as well. This helps MCFG keep updated records of addresses and phone numbers (for mailing out the newsletter, contacting you if there is an emergency, etc.).
      • A renewal application will be mailed early in the year. You can also download a copy from MCFG Indy Range - Memberships Available, How to Join, Dues .

1. WHERE DO I SEND IT:
      • Send Your completed Membership Application and Membership Dues to:
    MCFG c/o Foster Results
    1950 East Greyhound Pass, Suite 18-367
    Carmel, IN 46033

• Make sure you don't send it to our physical address, as there is no mailbox there to receive it! If you send it to the wrong address and it is late, you will have to re-join as a new member!

1. WHO DO I CONTACT TO CONFIRM MY PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED:
      • We prefer that you wait and watch for your check to clear. If you absolutely must email to confirm your payment, wait until close to the Volunteer Day so that all of the transactions can be processed.
      • MCFG's Vice-President (VicePresident@IndyRange.org) keeps track of payments that have been received. Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer position and that over a thousand payments will be getting mailed in.

1. DID I MISS THE NEWSLETTER:
      • The MCFG Newsletter and renewal information is typically sent out in January. If you don't receive one by the end of February, it might be a good idea to drop the Treasurer an email to confirm that your address on file was still correct. MCFG can't be responsible for address errors, people moving during the year, etc.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Since the address in this new Sticky, is different from the info on the MCF&G website:

Is there going to be a problem with my renewal that I mailed about 10 days ago, to the PO Box in Speedway (which is still the mail to info on the membership page)

thanks

Brian

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    That should be fine. Although we prefer using the new address, the old one will still work. Just keep an eye on your bank account to see if your check clears. If it hasn't by the time it gets close to the Renewal Cut-off day, you may want to send an email to the Vice-President.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    WHEN DO I HAVE TO SEND MY MONEY: Your renewal is due between January 1st and the first Volunteer Day of the year.
    • If your dues don't arrive by the first Volunteer Day, you are out of luck and you'll have to pay the New Membership Fee, meet the Education Requirement, and go through the Safety Orientation during a normal Board Meeting.
    • Please don't ask for "special consideration". These rules are designed to make it fair for all members as well as the volunteer Board.

The website states that renewals are due by March 31st, But the MCFG Calender says they are due April 5th and here you state "by the first volunteer day" with no date given. All of these state "no exceptions", so can we please get a confirmation af which one is correct?

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    The website states that renewals are due by March 31st, But the MCFG Calender says they are due April 5th and here you state "by the first volunteer day" with no date given. All of these state "no exceptions", so can we please get a confirmation af which one is correct?

We are working on getting the website updated.

The renewal cutoff day and Volunteer Day are both April 5th. Check the Newsletter here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25647&d=1391122834

Thanks for your patience as we make changes to our renewal process that hopefully will make things smoother in the future.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Top Bottom