• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My wife's sister has gone headlong into handguns. She loves her little Ruger SR 22. She also loves her little Italian 9mm. She also said her 15 yo daughter loves to shoot it has well. I could not figure out what pistol she was talking about. I had to google it. She has a EAA Tangfolio Witness Pavona. From what I read, this pistol was designed by women, for women. The write up made it sound like an awesome pistol. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No direct experience, but it looks like it's based off of a well proven CZ action. The first time I saw that gun, I did not care for it but once I realized that I'm not the only demographic that guns are owned by, I realized how good an idea it is to market a decent gun to women. It's about time women have guns that are designed to appeal to them.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    The Pavona line is basically a SAR B6P compact with a half dozen or so frame colors and stylish plastic case, this seems to have replaced the b6p w/purple frame and stainless slide and barrel (a few pop up on gunbroker). I had a full size witness it was OK, sold it don't really miss it. As far as selling to the demographic, I think its great. However both my my wife and daughter will not have a pink gun - though purple is fine ..... And they'll each see a Davidson's exclusive purple kahr in their stockings next month ;-)

Oh and the pavona line also comes in 380, 9mm, and 40

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The Pavona line is basically a SAR B6P compact with a half dozen or so frame colors and stylish plastic case, this seems to have replaced the b6p w/purple frame and stainless slide and barrel (a few pop up on gunbroker). I had a full size witness it was OK, sold it don't really miss it. As far as selling to the demographic, I think its great. However both my my wife and daughter will not have a pink gun - though purple is fine ..... And they'll each see a Davidson's exclusive purple kahr in their stockings next month ;-)

Congrats on the Kahr/Davidson combo! Love my little Kahr CM9. Both of them. And I had an issue with a rifle once and remembered the guy I bought it off of, bought it through Davidson. I think it was an INGO member that reminded me about the lifetime warranty. Anyway, Davidson sent a brand new rifle in 2 days! If I ever get to shoot the Pavona, I will give comment.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

My wife is like that too. She's told me that if I ever bought her a pink AR, I'd be clubbed with it. But, I have a sister in law and a co worker that would be all over these guns.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I thought it was basically a EAA Witness P compact by Tanfoglio, offered in a variety of colors. Wasn't aware of any Sarzilmaz involvement.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bringing it up from the dead!!

I handled one of these at my LGS a few weeks ago. My wife is looking to get a range plinker and really liked it. The slide was easily racked due to the great serrations/grooves. The trigger was actually decent. My wife liked it too.

My question is how soft of a shooter is it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bringing it up from the dead!!

I handled one of these at my LGS a few weeks ago. My wife is looking to get a range plinker and really liked it. The slide was easily racked due to the great serrations/grooves. The trigger was actually decent. My wife liked it too.

My question is how soft of a shooter is it?

In 9mm...??

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This is the one.

2915090_01_eaa_pavona_9mm_purple__640.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've never run that specific type gun, but it's a CZ platform pistol and I've run a bunch of those. If it shoots anything like a CZ P07 (also a hammer fired polymer 9mm pistol) she'll be happy with it.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My wife has a pink Witness in 9mm that she really likes. It sounds like the same gun your talking about. Coincidentally she also has an SR22 and loves it. I will see if I can post a picture of the Witness.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My wife ordered one of these, in purple, on Sunday. It’ll in be at the end of the week.

I’m excited for this purchase as it’s the second time she’s specifically asked for one, first was a PPS that she didn’t end up liking.

Top Bottom