• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    HOPEFULLY this is the right forum. Thought about the preps forum but that is more serious so hopefully this is the right place.

I'm about halfway through a novel. Not my first one, but the first one that I don't look at and cringe at thoughts of trying to publish it.

'tis what I like to jokingly refer to as a post, post-apocalyptic novel. There's tons of stories out about the immediate aftermath of things falling apart, but very few about the ones who pick up the pieces and rebuild. A couple of my favorite books, for example, are Hatchet and Farnham's Freehold.

Of course it also involves zombies, but in what is - hopefully - a unique way.

If anyone would be interested in being a beta reader and providing some feedback I'd greatly appreciate it. Hit me up via PM or e-mail me at dhumphreys 5252 at Gmail dot com.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Bump . . . for those of you who messaged me earlier, I think I have gotten everyone with the version 0.7eh,whatever. I'm not completely done but hopefully there's enough new material to tide you over until I really AM done.

Also bump to see if anyone else is interested. Thanks! ;)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm part way through it. It's definitely a fresh take on the genre, in my opinion. I have certainly enjoyed it, looking forward to finishing it.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm part way through it. It's definitely a fresh take on the genre, in my opinion. I have certainly enjoyed it, looking forward to finishing it.

Awesome, thanks!

It really has turned into Frankenstein's monster, I thought I would be done at around 120K words, I'm up to 152K and I think I need at least another 8-10 to wrap it up right. :s

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Great story, decent character development, needs a little more editing for spelling and double typed stuff. All in all, can't wait for the rest!

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Necroposting . . . it's done, polished, and waiting on cover art. Should be up for sale by the end of the month.

Vigilant, did you ever get the rest? I kind of lost track of my PMs for the beta readers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Cool!

Let us know the release date (as well as all your personal contacts) so you can have a big single-day sales number. That'll help get it noticed at Amazon.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Cool!

Let us know the release date (as well as all your personal contacts) so you can have a big single-day sales number. That'll help get it noticed at Amazon.

Will do, thanks. I have a bunch of beta readers from another forum, I've kept all the e-mails I sent and will be asking for reviews from the beta folks. BTW, I just noticed this, LOL:

Awesome, thanks!

It really has turned into Frankenstein's monster, I thought I would be done at around 120K words, I'm up to 152K and I think I need at least another 8-10 to wrap it up right. :s

I ended up at 178,000. 626 pages in print, LOL.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Will do, thanks. I have a bunch of beta readers from another forum, I've kept all the e-mails I sent and will be asking for reviews from the beta folks. BTW, I just noticed this, LOL:

I ended up at 178,000. 626 pages in print, LOL.

LOL

At least its a good story. :)

I figured actually writing the ending would take up more words than you estimated. ;) Heck, I think your "summary" was 1k. :D

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    7drHiqr.gif

View attachment 49384

Top Bottom