Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As in previous years, I am starting this thread to follow the legislative session itself. I will also be starting a "Legislative Wish List" thread a few moments after this one is posted.

Please confine posts in here to those relevant to actual legislative progress: A bill introduced, scheduled to be heard in committee or on the floor of one of the houses of the legislature, scheduled for voting, or being sent to the Governor's desk.

That's not to stifle discussion, but to keep this thread a place for people to come for the most relevant info to get bills they want to see passed into laws, passed.

Thanks, all!

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    And to help BoR out - the first wave (105 items) of legislative proposals for the IGA SENATE have been posted:

Of interest to INGO's subject matter:

SB 13 - guns as "loan colateral" - looks ok to me.
    SB 14 - IGA Staff OK to carry at State House with LTCH - ugh. again? privilege is nice isn't it -
    SB 43 - Removes Penal Institutions from parking lot prohibitions (for employees) for firearm locked in car.
    SB 50 - regulates sale of tannerite to 18+ w/ proof of age; and allows requires it locked away from general access.
    SB 78 - allows "carry at house of worship" on school property w/ LTCH (best one I've seen so far, and good even w/ general repeal of LTCH being necessity if Mr. Lucas' proposal passes to avoid federal conflict IIRC) ...

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you, BB3. I hadn't looked yet today. Rep added, FWIW.

Blessings,
    Bill

And to help BoR out - the first wave (105 items) of legislative proposals for the IGA SENATE have been posted:

Of interest to INGO's subject matter:

SB 13 - guns as "loan colateral" - looks ok to me.
    SB 14 - IGA Staff OK to carry at State House with LTCH - ugh. again? privilege is nice isn't it -
    SB 43 - Removes Penal Institutions from parking lot prohibitions (for employees) for firearm locked in car.
    SB 50 - regulates sale of tannerite to 18+ w/ proof of age; and allows requires it locked away from general access.
    SB 78 - allows "carry at house of worship" on school property w/ LTCH (best one I've seen so far, and good even w/ general repeal of LTCH being necessity if Mr. Lucas' proposal passes to avoid federal conflict IIRC) ...

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ****ing ruling class always think they are better than us peasants. Even if they introduced a bill allowing veterans to carry in the statehouse I wouldn't be for it because it isn't right to make one class of people better than the other. Even though a lot of us would be FAR more qualified to carry than the staff and reps as it relates to training in most cases.

HEY ****TARDS READING THIS THREAD ... shall not be infringed! Learn about it idiots! We all are allowed to carry in the statehouse granted by god. You've just chose to go against his will and oppress us. Knowingly.

Also the tanerite bill is bs too

i will not bow to any of you or kiss your asses. I will give credit where credit is due and call out injustices as I see it. I have fought against oppressors in other countries and I will fight them in mine (through voice) .
    Eliminate the LTCH and all other form of oppression of our gun rights. Do your sworn duty and quit being politicians and making excuses. Man up or let someone in the seat that is a
    real man or woman.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Trigger,

Help me out with something, please? I have a member I need to contact because something he's posted is not technically in violation of any site rules, but his tone is really inflammatory. As I see it, I can use "mod discretion", of course, but I'd rather not. I prefer to cite an actual rule if there's an issue. That leaves me with two options, either of which would go via PM:

1) What are you, an idiot? Posting stuff like this isn't going to win you any friends, and may make you some enemies. It's sure as hell not going to convince anyone to do anything you ask! Straighten up before you get yourself banned, dude!

or

2) Hey, I saw your post about ______ and I have some concerns that it's going to backfire and have the opposite effect you want. Would you consider rephrasing it in a less inflammatory tone, so maybe the people you want to see it and do as you ask will listen to what you have to say? Catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and all that. Give it some thought and if I can help, let me know, please.

You know people, and you understand human behavior, so which do you think is going to have a better result from the member?

Blessings,
    Bill

****ing ruling class always think they are better than us peasants. Even if they introduced a bill allowing veterans to carry in the statehouse I wouldn't be for it because it isn't right to make one class of people better than the other. Even though a lot of us would be FAR more qualified to carry than the staff and reps as it relates to training in most cases.

HEY ****TARDS READING THIS THREAD ... shall not be infringed! Learn about it idiots! We all are allowed to carry in the statehouse granted by god. You've just chose to go against his will and oppress us. Knowingly.

Also the tanerite bill is bs too

i will not bow to any of you or kiss your asses. I will give credit where credit is due and call out injustices as I see it. I have fought against oppressors in other countries and I will fight them in mine (through voice) .
    Eliminate the LTCH and all other form of oppression of our gun rights. Do your sworn duty and quit being politicians and making excuses. Man up or let someone in the seat that is a
    real man or woman.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Trigger,

Help me out with something, please? I have a member I need to contact because something he's posted is not technically in violation of any site rules, but his tone is really inflammatory. As I see it, I can use "mod discretion", of course, but I'd rather not. I prefer to cite an actual rule if there's an issue. That leaves me with two options, either of which would go via PM:

1) What are you, an idiot? Posting stuff like this isn't going to win you any friends, and may make you some enemies. It's sure as hell not going to convince anyone to do anything you ask! Straighten up before you get yourself banned, dude!

or

2) Hey, I saw your post about ______ and I have some concerns that it's going to backfire and have the opposite effect you want. Would you consider rephrasing it in a less inflammatory tone, so maybe the people you want to see it and do as you ask will listen to what you have to say? Catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and all that. Give it some thought and if I can help, let me know, please.

You know people, and you understand human behavior, so which do you think is going to have a better result from the member?

Blessings,
    Bill
    Bill,
    i think you are a smart guy.
    so when will you realize that these public servants will either do what is right already or they will not. You really think they care about you and me? I mean the ones that aren't doing the right things. We say worse things about federal public servants on ingo than anything I've said in this thread. I think it's important to be honest with these people some of which I believe are in it for the wrong reasons. Maybe calling them out more will work because we have kissed their behinds for over 4 years that I can remember and have gotten no where on constitutional issues. Yes I'm happy with the crumbs they've thrown us but it's all or nothing. No more compromise remember?
    I think the recent elections sent a clear message. If they don't want to listen then I'm sure other people would like their job. If someone is circumventing their oath and not enforcing the ultimate law of the land the federal and even more specific and clear Indiana Constitution then do you consider me the enemy? I figured it would be the other way around. Not the one calling out hypocrites being called the enemy. I know how these games are played bill. Been there done it. Participated in it. Sick of it. Some I believe are true patriots and believe me I let them know and thank them.
    You're the mod. If you want to censor my comments because you think it's appropriate or will keep a legistlator that isn't our friend happy then go for it. I'm simply speaking my mind and I do try hard not to violate site rules. I won't complain if you erase or edit my post:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Man, if I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have asked you anything, I just would have done it. Do they care? Some, maybe. I agree that some are in the jobs they're in because of the perks of the offices and the power they wield. I'll still speak politely, if I speak to them at all. I think it diminishes me to stoop to that lower level, so that's my choice. Yeah, I wrote to you with what looked like a "mod hat" on. I meant it speaking man to man, however, with that same civility and good manners I make every effort to use all the time. I'm not always successful. Will those good manners make a difference? Maybe. That's all I was saying. Your post is your post, and I don't see anything in it that a mod needs to address, so with that said, I'll drop the subject here and to use the expression, you do you and I'll do me. Happy New Year!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill,
    i think you are a smart guy.
    so when will you realize that these public servants will either do what is right already or they will not. You really think they care about you and me? I mean the ones that aren't doing the right things. We say worse things about federal public servants on ingo than anything I've said in this thread. I think it's important to be honest with these people some of which I believe are in it for the wrong reasons. Maybe calling them out more will work because we have kissed their behinds for over 4 years that I can remember and have gotten no where on constitutional issues. Yes I'm happy with the crumbs they've thrown us but it's all or nothing. No more compromise remember?
    I think the recent elections sent a clear message. If they don't want to listen then I'm sure other people would like their job. If someone is circumventing their oath and not enforcing the ultimate law of the land the federal and even more specific and clear Indiana Constitution then do you consider me the enemy? I figured it would be the other way around. Not the one calling out hypocrites being called the enemy. I know how these games are played bill. Been there done it. Participated in it. Sick of it. Some I believe are true patriots and believe me I let them know and thank them.
    You're the mod. If you want to censor my comments because you think it's appropriate or will keep a legistlator that isn't our friend happy then go for it. I'm simply speaking my mind and I do try hard not to violate site rules. I won't complain if you erase or edit my post:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Senate Session Starts today; House Session Starts tomorrow.

I would expect some additional legislative proposals later today - Definitely tomorrow.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    SB 123 Handgun training. Sen. Jean Breaux is back with this one that has gone nowhere and won't go anywhere, but still should be opposed. She wants anyone who applies for a LTCH on or after 1/1/2018 to be required to take an 8 hour firearms safety class, consisting of no less than 3 hrs range time and firing no fewer than 45 rounds of ammo. Oh, but she's willing to not have us have to tell ISP the reason we're applying for a LTCH (in exchange for a lot more information.) They never, ever quit.

Blessings,
    Bill

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    SB 123 Handgun training. Sen. Jean Breaux is back with this one that has gone nowhere and won't go anywhere, but still should be opposed. She wants anyone who applies for a LTCH on or after 1/1/2018 to be required to take an 8 hour firearms safety class, consisting of no less than 3 hrs range time and firing no fewer than 45 rounds of ammo. Oh, but she's willing to not have us have to tell ISP the reason we're applying for a LTCH (in exchange for a lot more information.) They never, ever quit.

Blessings,
    Bill

Someone should ask her why she is against an abused woman defending herself.
    Since, she would not only have to wait for the LTCH AND training. And pay for them. Discrimination against abused poor women.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Blessings,
    Bill

I like how SB123 references "concealed handguns".

The antis do not even understand the laws we have.:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's been so long since I had to do the LTCH thing.
    Do you still have to put why you want the license?

No. Just select which one you want.

Blessings,
    Bill

Then why the comment at the end ?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The House bills are starting to post. At present, I see two related to firearms, and both look acceptable

HB1051 Firearms and federalism - Probably going nowhere, but: Prohibits a state agency, political subdivision, or employee of an agency or political subdivision from: (1) participating in the enforcement of a federal firearms law enacted after January 1, 2017; or (2) using any state funds to aid the federal government in the enforcement of a federal firearms law enacted after January 1, 2017; unless the participation or use of state funds is required by a court order. Provides that a state employee, an employee of a political subdivision, or an agent of the state or a political subdivision who participates in the enforcement of a federal firearms law enacted after January 1, 2017, commits a Class B infraction, and increases the penalty to a Class A misdemeanor if the person has a prior adjudication or conviction. Specifies that a political subdivision may not receive state grant funds if the political subdivision requires the political subdivision or an employee to participate in the enforcement of a federal firearms law adopted after January 1, 2017.

and to address Act's concern from post #13,

HB 1071 Authorization to carry a handgun - Provides that certain persons protected by a civil protection order may carry a handgun without a license for: (1) 60 days after the date the civil protection order is issued; or (2) 60 days after the date the person applies for a license to carry a handgun, if the person applies for the license during the 60 day period following issuance of the civil protection order; whichever is later. Makes a technical correction.

The latter will be unnecessary if/when Constitutional Carry becomes law, of course, but it'd still be nice to see it in place.

There are also 8 missing numbers on the House side in addition to the numbers I noted above on post #12.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom