• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I was in Indianapolis recently and stopped by Indy Arms Company to see the store and say hi to shooter521 who manages the place.

I had several reactions and thought I would offer them here for other INGO members who haven't yet visited this local gun shop.

-- The store has a neat, clean, and very professional appearance. The walls have merchandise displayed by type of goods and everything is easy to see.

-- The ranges are likewise very clean. I noted several sets of doors between the retail section and the ranges. I could barely hear the range activity while in the main retail section.

-- The ranges are well-lit and have robust ventilation. There is a 50' range and a 75' range.

-- The store has a few dozen rental firearms for use on their ranges. That is a great way to try out several guns before making a purchase.

-- Behind the long glass counters full of handguns are walls covered with long guns. I didn't scrutinize the range of brands and types, but the shear number displayed would seem to indicate a wide selection.

-- I saw only two suppressors. I imagine the store could order whatever you wanted but suppressors aren't an area of focus for them.

-- In the area of ammunition, there were lots of individual boxes of ammunition in shelves behind the counter, but I didn't see any bulk ammo being offered. Shooter521 explained that bulk ammo sales has not been an area they have emphasized.

-- Regarding "atmosphere": Every shopper has a certain way they would like a store to be regarding how the shopper is approached. Some gun stores feel like you intruded into some "good old boy's workshop" with a few regular fellows hanging around. Other shops feel cold and distant. Some shops have sales staff that previously worked at the local used car lot with pushy salesmen that want to tell you what you should buy. The atmosphere at IndyArms fit my shopping personality well. The sales staff is there to help when you want them, but they don't hover or smother. The merchandise is well displayed and you can take your time to look around all you want. If you have a question, they are there to talk to you.

The store is near 55th and Keystone in Indianapolis and is certainly worth a visit when you're in the area.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been looking for a good indoor range to "Winter" in.
    The spouse has picked back up and is honing her skills. This might be worth a look.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Churchmouse..... They also offer half price range time at lunch. The range is super clean and has great lighting. Maybe we can meet over there one day at lunch and burn up some targets with our AllenM builds.

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Stopped by today with a fellow INGOer to see Mark and the new store. They had a nice selection of pistols and rifles. I was staring at a CZ 455 pretty hard. The indoor range looked very nice and was quiet from inside the store. I was especially glad that there was not a fog in the pistol bay even with 6 shooters. Overall, the store is top notch and worth a visit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Churchmouse..... They also offer half price range time at lunch. The range is super clean and has great lighting. Maybe we can meet over there one day at lunch and burn up some targets with our AllenM builds.

Lets get through the Holidays and I am definitely in for this.
    I would like to see the range before taking the spouse.
    Plus, after you run the 2011 in 10mm you will be hooked...:cool:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have been looking for a good indoor range to "Winter" in.
    The spouse has picked back up and is honing her skills. This might be worth a look.

My friend Zach runs the range there. Young multi-tour Army Vet and all around good guy. If you tell him you know me, he won't keep his eyes off you.. :bat:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I concur with lovemywoods' assessment.

I went to Indy Arms specifically because of Shooter521 and the service, advice, and courtesy he has always shown me at . . . the other place (who are now just a big bag o' di**s to me now). He can now do the same at a much nicer facility.

The other people I've met there have been friendly and helpful as well.

I'll keep going!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you, Indy Arms, for renting us three lanes for Boxing Day. The nephews were out from Pennsylvania and we got some needed trigger time.

We shot .38s, 9mm, .45acp and .22s and had a great, SAFE time.

TheJoker

Expert
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Kathy and I stopped by Indy Arms Co. on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Despite a bit of a wait time and a packed range, it was a very pleasant experience. Even with a full house, the air was clear. the lane was well lit and there was enough elbow room. We shared a lane for an hour and both shot 9mm. I took the opportunity to try a variety of self defense ammunition sampling from the variety they had in stock.

I will be a regular patron in 2017.

Top Bottom