• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have never been a Glock fan, even though I have owned a few. I have never been a .40 Smith & Wesson fan and I have never owned one.
    New duty weapon issued this evening: Gen 4 Glock 22. Lol
    I qualified "Expert" with it but I can shoot my M9 better. I changed out the back strap to one with a larger palm swell and a beaver tail. I'll see if I shoot it any better.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Previous duty weapon was the M9. Oh, I don't feel handicapped by it, in any way. I know they are solid performers and obviously accurate. I know the new night sights on it are really bright.
    Really, what I don't like about them is the look. Sooo many models and calibers and they all look like they were made with the same cookie cutter, to me. :rolleyes:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Previous duty weapon was the M9. Oh, I don't feel handicapped by it, in any way. I know they are solid performers and obviously accurate. I know the new night sights on it are really bright.
    Really, what I don't like about them is the look. Sooo many models and calibers and they all look like they were made with the same cookie cutter, to me. :rolleyes:

On that there is little to argue.
    Considering how good looking the M9 is, it's understandable that you're not exactly thrilled by the aesthetic deficit.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    If Glock could produce a pistol that was as sexy as a Colt 1860 Army, shot like an M9 and had the track record of a 1911, I'd be sold. :D

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just remember that it was free! I don't mind the look of the Glock, but I've been carrying one since 1994. As long as it works and I can shoot it well, I'm ok with it.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The G22 was the most pleasant to shoot between the G22, 23 & 27, where size had its advantage in recoil damping, but I could not get past the unreliability with a weapon light installed. To be fair, mine was a Gen 3, and I thought the Gen 4 was supposed to have fixed that problem. I have always liked the .40 S&W round though, and it was the easiest to find after Sandy Hook. For that reason alone I keep a few .40's around.
    Forgive me if this is old news, but my .40 Glocks got demoted to range guns after my G22 consistently jammed halfway through the mag with a light attached. If I removed the light, the G22 ran 100%, but it was easy to switch over to my G17 Gen 3 and I have used that since with no issues.
    I still shoot my Glock .40's, just don't carry them much, and never with a light attached.
    As usual, YMMV.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I can understand not liking the company car...but it's what the company gives you. Disappointing? Sure. I'd prefer the Benz too. I think Glock is so heavily invested in the ugly that it's now a company trait that they can't put down.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I kind of like the look of Glocks. Sure, it's no 1911, but there's a certain simplicity to the design that carries through the aesthetic and into the internal function. It's almost brutalist in its design language.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)

just think of it as the VW Bug of Handguns!:banana:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I like the look of Glocks. It's most of the other polymer framed pistols that I don't like. The Glock is simple, smooth and to the point while the others all seem to go overboard trying to look "tacticool".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's a tool, not an art object. It's designed to be reliable and accurate. What more could you ask of a duty weapon?

There is no law against tools being pretty as well.....

Model28-2rotatedcropped750x.jpg

Top Bottom