• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Oh, if money were NO object...THIS is my dream truck!

Nope.

raptor_billboard_desktop_1.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Coming in around $43k, I think the TRD Pro is one of the best values out there. Both the new Raptor and GMC posted above are 10-15k more than the Taco.

I personally like the front end and overall styling of the 2015 and 2016 models much better than the '17, but the suspension and performance on the 2017 TRD Pro is supposed to be better.

I really want to start looking for a used one in the next few years, but with two small kids, it's more likely I will end up with a 4Runner over the Taco.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That Toyota will whoop on anything that ford or gmc/Chevy puts out

Growing up in Flint Michigan, you were either a GM person or a Ford person. And if you were with Ford, you were ostracized for that! Lol.

After 30+ years now in the auto industry, I have learned to separate fact from emotion. Sure, GM, Ford, Dodge will do the job. But when it comes to superior engineering and build quality, nothing beats a Toyota. They are the most demanding car manufacturer in the world with some of the toughest and tightest specifications.

If you are going to tool around town and throw a couple 2X4's in the back occasionally, and trade it or sell before it hits 100K, anything will do. If you are going to truly "use" the vehicle and put several 100K on it, then the Toyota will pay you back in spades.

BTW, my truck is a Ford.:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lost me at uncomfortable seating. Also, I'm not a midsized man, I do not want a midsized truck. I am also not their target audience, those who are hardcore offroaders or those who fantasize about being hardcore offroaders. I still really really dig my 2012 Ram. It's more comfortable than most cars for long distance driving, nobody ever describes the Hemi as "sluggish" or complains you have to push it hard to make it move, and it hauls anything I need hauled. It's, hands down, the most well rounded truck I've ever owned.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I've owned half tons and driven mid-sized trucks. Anymore I won't accept anything less than 3/4 ton. 1/2 tons want to be trucks when they grow up so they can actually be used to do work. Mid-size are cars. If you want to go off road get a jeep, if you want to work get a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Growing up in Flint Michigan, you were either a GM person or a Ford person. And if you were with Ford, you were ostracized for that! Lol.

After 30+ years now in the auto industry, I have learned to separate fact from emotion. Sure, GM, Ford, Dodge will do the job. But when it comes to superior engineering and build quality, nothing beats a Toyota. They are the most demanding car manufacturer in the world with some of the toughest and tightest specifications.

If you are going to tool around town and throw a couple 2X4's in the back occasionally, and trade it or sell before it hits 100K, anything will do. If you are going to truly "use" the vehicle and put several 100K on it, then the Toyota will pay you back in spades.

family members retired from GM. When they and their coworkers started buying ford trucks to drive to the truck and bus plant that told me everything I needed to know lol. To tell people how risky and ballsy that was, their was cars made by other manufacturers (non GM/Chevy) that got flipped (yes physically flipped upside down) in the employee parking lot.
    I'm still a ford over Chevy guy but I'm not hardcore anything because I'm not a mechanic so I think it's probably just in my head. But i do see a noticeable difference in Toyota and Nissan quality and durability

as far as a pulling truck, yeah the Tacoma isn't what you seek. As far as a go through war truck, buy the Tacoma. It's been there done that.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette

I would only partially agree with your comment. Toyota does indeed build a good truck. However, after doing work on vehicles of all types for the last 25 years, you won't convince me a Toyota can take the same daily beating that a Chevrolet might take on a construction site. They just don't seem to hold up as well in my opinion.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The price of a compact truck is almost the same price of a full size truck. And the gas mileage is roughly the same.

So I can't see why I would choose a compact over a full size.
    The Tundras are ok, but I do like the new ones.

For me, it's either a F150 or a Silveraydo.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Have you seen the Colorado with a diesel? Expensive and nice. Not a small truck fan for work... off roading in a 80k toy sure... there fine for looking cool but you have to be able to stop what your pulling.. buddy has a Tacoma and talked it up and it's nice but the first trailer he pulled shoved him all over. It is what it is ,you like what you like but give me a 3/4 or 1 ton and call it a day. Any flavor ..
    BTW mine is old 3/4 ton diesel and still get in the upper teens for fuel mileage and I can sit 6 adults comfortably and pull either of my horse trailers loaded and stop it.. and I'm sure that will upset someone.

Top Bottom