• ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Hey all,

The Fort Wayne USPSA club will be starting its Thursday night practices this week, April 6th. We will be holding the practices on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month through October.

This year there will be NO CHARGE for the practice nights.

You can arrive anytime between 5:30 and 6:30 to sign up and shoot (we'll start shooting about 5:30). Start time is a little approximate as folks have to come from work. We will shoot until approximately 7:00-7:30.

The range will be run according to USPSA safety rules (cold range, use of safe tables, etc). Each session we will set up different shooting drills or portions of stages designed to work on various match or shooting skills.

This is a good opportunity for people new to the game to see what USPSA is about, become familiar with how matches are run, try out gear, or ask questions and get tips from our experienced members in a low stress, no-scores environment. We have a lot of fun, too!

Occassionally, due to our work/family commitments, or sometimes even weather, we have to cancel. Please watch here or our facebook page for any cancellation notices.

For more information...
    www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com
    www.fwrr.us

-rvb

Last edited:

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Hey - I'm relatively new to the Fort Wayne area (I'm down in Hoagland) & would be interested in learning more. I've never done any competitive shooting before. My work schedule changes daily, but would love to try this out.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Cool! Hope to see you soon. This Sunday is our next match in Fort Wayne (I hope to get an announcement posted soon with details, or you can get details from last month's match here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/438375-fort-wayne-uspsa-june-18-a.html). You can come shoot or observe to get an idea what it's all about (eye/ear protection needed to observe). If you have specific questions, you can ask here on the forum, or send me an email if you prefer. Our next practice night will be the 20th.

If you send me an email, I can send you a write-up I send people who are interested containing answers to some basic questions (equipment, ammo, etc).

-rvb

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Yeah - I'd love to get that email sheet of details from you. First off, where do you guys shoot? I've only been shooting at Hillside since moving here plus when I've been out of town down south at Knob Creek outside Louisville.

I'm a truck driver (home daily), but no set schedule. Yesterday, I was gone at 8am & back by 6pm. Today I don't leave til 4pm... I usually am off weekends, so would love to try to see what you guys are all about this Sunday. My daughter used to shoot 4H (archery & air) when we lived in Minnesota, but hasn't in the last 4 years. She may be interested too (she's 16). The wife may be too, but we'll see.

Thanks in advance & I can't wait to hear back! (I was gonna send this as a PM, but I don't have 50 posts yet)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Yeah - I'd love to get that email sheet of details from you. First off, where do you guys shoot? I've only been shooting at Hillside since moving here plus when I've been out of town down south at Knob Creek outside Louisville.

I'm a truck driver (home daily), but no set schedule. Yesterday, I was gone at 8am & back by 6pm. Today I don't leave til 4pm... I usually am off weekends, so would love to try to see what you guys are all about this Sunday. My daughter used to shoot 4H (archery & air) when we lived in Minnesota, but hasn't in the last 4 years. She may be interested too (she's 16). The wife may be too, but we'll see.

Thanks in advance & I can't wait to hear back! (I was gonna send this as a PM, but I don't have 50 posts yet)

I thought my email was in my signature, but I guess not. it's in the match announcements... anyways.... ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Ryan - I get a "email address hidden - see forum rules" note, so I sent it to what I assume is your address on the FWRR website... Thanks!

Top Bottom