• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've sent a couple of emails through your web contact us form without receiving a reply. I read through the rules for the range as well as the ones for FNS and didn't see an answer. (It appears the FNS rules were written in 2010 and don't address NFA items.)
    I have some questions about which guns I can use for FNS. In the past I've always used a hand gun but was wanting to try something different. I have a 9mm AR SBR and AR pistol. 8" barrel with a brake. (Same upper with different lowers.) Since it's a pistol caliber is it allowed? They use Glock mags.
    I also have an AR SBR in 5.56. Can it be used with a .22lr conversion kit? It has a 10.5" barrel.
    I have a couple of dedicated .22lr AR rifles with 16" barrels. Can they be used?
    Thinking about a Ruger 22/45 Lite with a suppressor. Any concerns with using it?
    Do I need to show any paperwork on the NFA items? With the recent update from the BATFE can I shoulder the AR pistol?
    What class would they all fall under? All have optics and magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

Obviously I'm not looking to shoot all of them, or even multiples, at the same event but with FNS happening twice a month now I want to know what options I have available.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Calibers allowed (in pistol or rifle) 22lr, .32, .380, 38spl, 40, 45, 44 spl, 9m, 45LC. FNS is a shooting event, it's up to the shooter to ensure he is legal and the proper person to use whatever firearm he chooses. As to what class bring what you have and we'll determine which class it falls under. FNS is not a hyper competitive group, so not too concerned about classification of guns. FNS, F = Friday and also FUN. Hope to see you.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Calibers allowed (in pistol or rifle) 22lr, .32, .380, 38spl, 40, 45, 44 spl, 9m, 45LC. FNS is a shooting event, it's up to the shooter to ensure he is legal and the proper person to use whatever firearm he chooses. As to what class bring what you have and we'll determine which class it falls under. FNS is not a hyper competitive group, so not too concerned about classification of guns. FNS, F = Friday and also FUN. Hope to see you.

Thanks. I figured as much but wasn't sure. I've shot it before and had a lot of fun. Matter of fact if you click on the free pictures link in my sig you'll see some pics I shot there some years ago. I was at the last one with some friends but didn't get to shoot due to time.

Top Bottom