• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Getting ready for a range day tomorrow and gathered up my .22 ammo to put in a 50 cal can. I remember buying most of it but I was kinda shocked that I had such a decent variety, at least for me. When the great shortage hit, I was caught with my pants down. I think I had 2 bricks of thunderbolt and that was it.

This isn't all of my ammo but every type I have is shown.

Think I'll take all my rimfire rifles tomorrow and do another accuracy test.

Is your variety getting back to what you deem normal?

Last edited:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Bought when I could...

I was able to get a little here+a little there..

The new Mijer out here in McCordsville just opened last week--Shelf full of Winchester Copper RN in the 100 plastic box..

$8.99 per 100--Guess that's the new normal??..Bill.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    $8.99 per hundred is the new normal......

Sk, eley , and the match grade stuff seems to be plentiful.....thank goodness my rifle REALLY likes SK & RWS

Aaron

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have added another 5k to the stock since it has started normalizing again, Midwest has had it for 5-6 cents a round many weeks. I will keep adding more as time goes on.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I wasn't caught with my pants down since I did quite a bit of training before the crunch. As such, my normal was several cases of various stuff in stock. Always the cheap stuff though.

Availability over the last couple years has made me buy the more expensive stuff so my stock has been diversified in the more fancy. My rule was 8 cents per round or below - buy immediately. It's now down to 5 cents so I'm buying the cheap stuff again but my cans are way more blue than they used to be.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Aside from some CCI shorts and two boxes of Velocitors, the rest of my stock of .22LR consists entirely of what really shines at the range: CCI Standard Velocity
    My .22 Magnum stocks consist of Hornady V-Max, but I'm less than thrilled with their tendency to not fire the first time.

OHOIAN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2014
    NE OHIO
    I don’t shoot much 22lr anymore, my stock is about 5K, mostly CCI Mini Mags. With my own cast bullets it cost about the same to shoot 9mm and 38spl, but it is more work/fun to reload it.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Post-panic, I now find that I'm getting picky on what I buy. I'm now replacing my various brands for more 'match' grade ammo, and looking for ~900-1000 fps for optimal suppression. I found that sighting in my 10/22 at 100 yds with one brand was off by 4-6" using another brand. I got tired of sighting in with the range/elevation reticle depending on the brand. I want to use the center crosshair.

Glad to see any of it on the shelves again, though. I'm still looking to have ~7500 rounds in reserve.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    During the "ObamaCrunch", I pretty well retired my 22lr guns and ammo. Had no idea how it would turn out. My ammo count was like 3000 rds, but haven't been out in 2-3 yrs with 22lr. Nice sunny days will be looking to go again. Also see quantites growing back in LGS and elsewhere. On vacation this week, so shooting guns is on the list!!!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've just recently started shooting my 22lr's again since I had hit a low point in ammo that I couldn't replace and didn't want to completely run out. Currently, about all I buy is the federal automatch. It's not the best, but I really don't care to mix and match my 22lr ammo. Sure I'd love to standardize on CCI, but we still have time to go before getting that in quantity is realistic for me. In the mean time, I don't feel bad about shooting up the fed auto match

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well after 5 hours at the range, my count has gone down. I started ringing a 5" plate at 100 yds with my 10" MKII (iron sight) and couldn't stop. 280 rounds through it alone. Then I had my 10/22, model 60 and my Savage out too.

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    Is it really plentiful again? I saw several dealers at the last gun show with large 22LR signs, but I didn't think much of it, as there were always the unicorns out there that had stock when no one else did. My 22 has been sitting in the cabinet for years, but maybe it's time to dust it off?

My oldest son has started on archery and rifle in 4H and has shown an interest in building his own 22. I think each of us building one for plinking would be the right move later in the summer, if it's cheap to shoot again.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Aim surplus has aguila for 25 a 500 round brick. Same with lots of companies. Some also have free shipping. It's all over and very cheap if you're not stocking up you're missing the chance now.

If there's another panic folks will be crying again how it's impossible to find because they didn't take advantage now.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Got roughly 11k rounds, but mostly high velocity stuff. Need to pick up a case or two of subsonic/standard velocity ammo.

Got a brick of Lapua SK that I haven't had the chance to try yet

Top Bottom