• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am looking to buy some 22mag ammo and thought about getting some guy/guys to go in and buy in bulk, for their 22mag . I have never done this before , so I thought I would see if anybody might be interested in this ? I would check prices to find best price as I am retired , and have some time to search.For fastest reply, send me a e-mail at cannonmandan@hotmail.com, I live in DeMotte IN. it is close to valparaiso, just for a reference point.I love shooting this round, its fast and ammo is fairly reasonable and accurate. I am thinking V-MAX 30 GRAIN .THANKS

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I am looking to buy some 22mag ammo and thought about getting some guy/guys to go in and buy in bulk, for their 22mag . I have never done this before , so I thought I would see if anybody might be interested in this ? I would check prices to find best price as I am retired , and have some time to search.For fastest reply, send me a e-mail at cannonmandan@hotmail.com, I live in DeMotte IN. it is close to valparaiso, just for a reference point.I love shooting this round, its fast and ammo is fairly reasonable and accurate. I am thinking V-MAX 30 GRAIN .THANKS

Not offering to join in on a buy with you, but I'll just say that the Hornady-manufactured ammo with the V-Max 30 grain bullet had multiple misfires, a failure rate of about 1-in-3, although I was able to get all the failures to go bang eventually after ejecting, then rotating the cartridge slightly to allow the firing pin to hit a different spot on the rim, sometimes only once and sometimes even four times.
    I have more reason to doubt the ammo itself over the rifle, a Mossberg 640K Chuckster.
    Seriously considering buying the CCI ammo loaded with that bullet, as CCI certainly enjoys a reputation (born out by my own experience as well) for much greater reliability.
    It just blows that current prices for .22 WMR of any sort are hovering at about the $15 per 50 rounds at best, nearly as much as an equal number of centerfire handgun ammo, and (of course) it's impossible to reload. :(

Rogermoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2021
    Columbus
    Not offering to join in on a buy with you, but I'll just say that the Hornady-manufactured ammo with the V-Max 30 grain bullet had multiple misfires, a failure rate of about 1-in-3, although I was able to get all the failures to go bang eventually after ejecting, then rotating the cartridge slightly to allow the firing pin to hit a different spot on the rim, sometimes only once and sometimes even four times.
    I have more reason to doubt the ammo itself over the rifle, a Mossberg 640K Chuckster.
    Seriously considering buying the CCI ammo loaded with that bullet, as CCI certainly enjoys a reputation (born out by my own experience as well) for much greater reliability.
    It just blows that current prices for .22 WMR of any sort are hovering at about the $15 per 50 rounds at best, nearly as much as an equal number of centerfire handgun ammo, and (of course) it's impossible to reload. :(
    You might check your firing pin. I've not had any problems at all. Not saying you didn't get a bad batch but myself have had no issues.

Rogermoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2021
    Columbus
    Sorry guys, being new I didn't know to check dates on what appeared to be on top. Anyway, I thought the guy should check something else out besides the ammo. I got an eye out now. Thanks

Top Bottom