• ...and so much more!
  • Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    Straight Talk on Armed Defense
    By John Hearne, Dr. Anthony Semone, Dr. Alexis Artwohl, Dr. William Aprill, Craig “Southnarc” Douglas, Massad Ayoob, Tom Givens, Spencer Blue, Ron Borsch, Harvey Hedden, Jim Fleming, Esq., Marty Hayes, JD

Many Angles to Self-Defense
    More than a single perspective, Straight Talk on Armed Defense offers an in-depth, full-spectrum study of the most important self-defense and concealed carry topics from today's top experts. The timely reference gathers the sage advice of Massad Ayoob and 11 other respected armed-defense authorities to deliver decades of practical know-how in one convenient volume. In addition to preparing the armed citizen for an actual self-defense incident, the book also delves into the minutia of all the facets surrounding the use of deadly force. Readers will come away with a solid grasp on how to avoid becoming a victim, the mental make up of assailants, the psychological preparation for self-defense, the legal details of using deadly force, post-incident trauma management, and much, much more. Acquiring a defensive firearm and a concealed carry permit is only one part of the equation. Straight Talk on Armed Defense delivers the other, arming readers with the comprehensive knowledge to expertly, safely, and responsibly defend themselves and those they love.
    The experts and the armed defense topics they examine:

• John Hearne takes us “inside the defender’s head” and reveals the most effective route to train and prepare for self-defense incidents.
    • Dr. Anthony Semone discusses post-shooting trauma and necessary steps to develop resilience and symptom reduction following a deadly force event.
    • Dr. Alexis Artwohl explains why understanding how the mind operates is critical to surviving an attack and the legal and emotional challenges that follow.
    • Dr. William Aprill describes “the face of the enemy” to help us understand violence and those who traffic in it.
    • Craig “Southnarc” Douglas details the conditions present during the typical criminal assault and how to incorporate those conditions into your training.
    • Massad Ayoob discusses power, responsibility and the armed lifestyle.
    • Tom Givens underscores the importance of finding relevant training, through case studies of his own students involved in armed encounters.
    • “Spencer Blue,” active robbery/homicide detective, reveals patterns that emerged during his investigations and describes the differences in tactics of citizens who won versus those who lost.
    • Ron Borsch presents dozens of actual cases of armed and unarmed citizens single-handedly stopping mass murders in progress.
    • Harvey Hedden provides insight and advice on lawfully armed citizens and interactions with law enforcement.
    • Jim Fleming, Esq. describes the criminal trial process and how it plays out in a “righteous use of deadly force in self-defense” case.
    • Marty Hayes, JD, provides the critical questions that must be asked to choose a reliable post-self-defense incident support provider.

To order your copy: Self defense topics from the experts, Massad Ayoob | GunDigestStore

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Started reading mine yesterday. I liked right away how Mas juxtaposed Tom Givens and Spencer Blues data set right off the bat in the intro. Many people have asked me how the differences can be so stark between the two. Mr. Ayoob points out what I have been responding to that question with, one group is well trained, the other largely untrained. That covers more than just shooting abilities.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm enjoying my copy. Finally got some down time tonight and find it very easy to read... Tremendous information. Hearing it is one thing, but having a hard copy for reference and sending others to read is a great asset.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just about finished with the book. Some good information to think about. I will read again later the fall and pick up something that I missed the first reading.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Book is in. Chapter 1 read. School really sucks up a big part of my day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for the link.

Constructive criticism; ebooks should cost a bit less since there is no material cost involved to produce and distribute. There is absolutely no reason why the ebook should cost the exact same as the hard copy.

I'll probably by the physical book out of spite. :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the link.

Constructive criticism; ebooks should cost a bit less since there is no material cost involved to produce and distribute. There is absolutely no reason why the ebook should cost the exact same as the hard copy.

I'll probably by the physical book out of spite. :):

There's a great reason e-books cost the same. The market will allow it, and it increases margins for the seller. Cost of goods doesn't set price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There's a great reason e-books cost the same. The market will allow it, and it increases margins for the seller. Cost of goods doesn't set price.

In a case like this, I go hard copy. (and Im sure others do too)

Most e-books there is at least a marginal difference in cost.

/derail

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom