• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Stopped by Gander to browse their current liquidation in preparation to reopen in November. Not much caught my eye. I did however walk out with a bag of once fired cleaned and prepped NATO brass... out of 250 pcs, 200+ are Lake City. I took pictures of the rest, in hopes someone recognizes them... If I remember correctly from browsing posts in the past, when reloading LC brass the case wall is thicker with less volume for powder. With powder charges about 1grn less than "factory" cases. Is this true, and if so I'm guessing I'll either want to run LC brass or "factory" brass and not mix the two for the particular rifle & load workup?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Thanks for the reply. I was given some MKE "nato" ammunition. The primer appears crimped but no cross head stamp. Do you know if it is in the same spec range as the brass I purchased? Or should I just plink with it and part ways with the brass?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Here's a website with headstamp info. WCC is Winchester Cartridge Company and PSD is Poongsan Metal Manufacturing Company (S. Korea). I didn't see TAA on the list, but I have some of it, and would be curious to know it's origin as well.

Top Bottom