Advice on Glock 27 IWB holster, with retention?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hello INGO,

In an effort to reach 51 quality posts (I try to exceed expectations), I'm interested in others' experiences with G27 IWB holsters. I like to have some kind of retention, though, and it seems like the vast majority of these are "open top." I just recently obtained the G27 (as a more compact partner to the G23 that I have), and it isn't a good mate with any of my other IWB holsters (although it works well with the ankle holster I have). The Glock platform is so ubiquitous, though, that I figure there has to be a dedicated solution for the G27.

In the past, I've cobbled together my own, by either adding retention or a belt clip. But, I'd rather get something that is "natively" what I'm looking for. Also not opposed to using left handed OWB if it otherwise meets the right criteria.

Another thing, though - the gun is subcompact. So, I don't really want some big honking contraption that has 2 belt clips and wraps half way around my waist. Just something simple.

Thanks!
    T

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK I'll bite. My 2 cents I have carried aG27 for a few years now IWB. I found that I liked the Crossbreed Quik Clip. I moved the clip position to get it were I wanted it. I have not had any issues with the gun coming loose and it can be taken off and put on rather easy.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/qwikclip.html

Good luck on your quest. PS I have broken 2 clips and Crossbreed has sent free replacements within a couple days. Buy once cry once.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    A proper holster should have "retention" in and of itself. Any secondary retention device is just overkill IMO, especially on an IWB holster. The only times I make them are usually when someone needs one per department policy, usually use a thumb break as they're the most low profile.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks, guys. I'll check out the Crossbreed.

I'm somewhat leaning toward this:
    DUAL CARRY II - available from DeSantis Holster

It, too, has a tendency to snap the clips, but the customer service appears to promptly send replacements. At least at first. It looks like they screw in, so I'm not above fashioning my own, if that's what needs to happen.

In terms of "proper retention" I'm kinda a "2 is 1 and 1 is none" guy when it comes to this. While I'm closer to 50 than 40, my kids provide pretty regular opportunities to be active. So, that secondary retention is like an insurance policy. Early in my CC efforts, not all of the holsters I used had the 2nd retention (thumb break of some sort is the norm), and there were a few times I really wished I'd had it.

So now it is part of the selection process. :)

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The N82tactical holsters are nice. It takes a slight twisting motion to release but it becomes second nature after some practice.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Got the DeSantis Dual Carry II (RH) today from Midway. (BTW, they ran a free shipping on orders $99 or more, so got a couple other things I was looking at and made it to $99.57. Shipped within a day, got it 2 business days after ordering. Great service.)

Breaking it in now, but I like the tight fit and it seems as comfortable as carrying my S&W 915 IWB. Full coverage of the tigger guard. Prints less, too. Seems like it'll be a good option.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to fashion a clip for it.

I haven't had any issues with it. Don't use it as much as I did the first couple weeks, but wouldn't hesitate to go back to it.

Top Bottom