• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    After having a great time at the Pistol 100 class at MCFG I'm looking into the Rifle 125 classes. I see Bedford and Nashville are both hosting an event this year. Why is Nashville $20 cheaper? Is there an element that occurs in Bedford that Nashville cannot or is not doing?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Now, to answer your questions about the RR costs ... The Bedford event includes the cost of the RR Basic Rifle course, the Bedford range fee, and a GREAT lunch prepared by the Bedford Contingent. The Nashville event likewise includes the cost of the RR Basic Rifle course, but doesn't have a range fee, and there is no Nashville Contingent to prepare lunch, you must provide your own lunch.

I hope you are able to make it one or both of these events. You won't be disappointed by either venue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Nashville range is spectactular. Not far from civilization, and very nice for RR events. (Ive actually considered getting a membership because its only 15 minutes from the inlaws' house. )

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Either one will be a great choice. Rifle 125 is one of the best/most versatile rifle classes there is. It WILL make you a better shooter, and these cats know very well what they are about.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I just realized that myself, Haven, and a 3rd non-INGOer are planning on hitting the Nashville event.

:rockwoot:

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    just looked at the dates... they are a few months apart, take both. you cant have enough good instruction.

This! Definitely go to both as they are unique and worthwhile events on their own.

At Bedford:

• you will get an awesome lunch on both days (menu isn't set yet, but think ribs, fried chicken, burgers, dogs, etc.)
    • the range goes out to 300 yards. Bring your centerfire rifle!
    • I don't know what Chilidog has planted in his fields this year, but getting to the range early on Sunday morning with the sun rising over foggy fields and taking a few moments to reflect during Chilidog's optional Sunday morning sermon at the range can't be equaled.

At Nashville:

• you might be thinking it will be cold. With this "global warming" thing, this year you might be able to shoot in your skivvies :):
    • in all seriousness, the cold will be a chance for you to pit your rifleman skills against a layer of bulky clothing and cold temperatures
    • I will be bringing a trailer load of firewood to keep a roaring fire going should anyone get cold.
    • bring some hot dogs to roast over the fire for lunch!
    • I will also be bringing the fixins for S'Mores again this year (probably on Sunday).
    • HHRP is set in the rolling hills of Brown County. It's beautiful!
    • last year we were entertained by a pair of A-10s that flew over the range multiple times.

At both:

• you won't find a friendlier and more knowledgeable group of instructors anywhere (but maybe I'm biased...)

If you can swing going to both, you won't regret it!

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Are knee pads recommended for the 2 day Basic Rifle course in Bedford? I'm a newbie but I do have 5.11 Stryke pants - just need to get knee pads for them. I do have the lightweight shooters mat already since (sadly) the Ladies Only 1-day class was cancelled due to really bad weather.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Hit both. For the price you will not received better instruction. I've only hit the Bedford range, but they will probably have the moving targets which is a lot of fun to negotiate. Can't go wrong with either, most other training is 4x-5x what this class costs save for The ACT guys in The west side of the state, which are damn fine themselves.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Hit both. For the price you will not received better instruction. I've only hit the Bedford range, but they will probably have the moving targets which is a lot of fun to negotiate. Can't go wrong with either, most other training is 4x-5x what this class costs save for The ACT guys in The west side of the state, which are damn fine themselves.

just to clarify, there are NO moving targets for the Rifle 125 course at Bedford. The moving target is only at the Bedford Rifle 223 course.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Soooo ... hit the 125 Rifle (Basic Rifle) course in September ( https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2017-sep-23-24-bedford-in/ )

then the 223 Rifle course (Carbine) in October ( https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...22-bedford-in/ )

then back to the 125 Rifle course (Basic Rifle) in December ( https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2017-dec-3-4-nashville-in/ ) to refresh what you should have learned in the first 125 Rifle course

What a great way to wrap up the year with some rifle work. Bring a friend ... it will be more fun.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    just to clarify, there are NO moving targets for the Rifle 125 course at Bedford. The moving target is only at the Bedford Rifle 223 course.
    Thank goodness. Those teeny weeny stamp and bell targets are challenging enough.
    Rumor has it you need to hit the shingle, cold bore, on the mover to be a RR instructor.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Bedford notes:

1. It's corn this year and it's doing well. Very picturesque. The planter got wide on his windrows though and you can't see the steel at 300.

2. As of right now it fried chicken on Sunday.

3. No mover at 125.

4. Bedford informal qualifier is one shot, cold bore, 300 yards, standing.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Bedford notes:

1. It's corn this year and it's doing well. Very picturesque. The planter got wide on his windrows though and you can't see the steel at 300.

2. As of right now it fried chicken on Sunday.

3. No mover at 125.

4. Bedford informal qualifier is one shot, cold bore, 300 yards, standing.

....on one leg while reciting The Pledge of Alleginace.

Top Bottom