• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I am ready to buy a Primary Arms 1-6x24 but am waiting to see if I can find a deal at the upcoming show in a couple weeks. Are there usually good deals to be had at the show on scopes?

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I own several vortex scopes and have been happy with them all. Haven't tried a primary arms but have seen a couple good reviews. I am planning to go to the upcoming show as well and hoping to find some deals.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I own several vortex scopes and have been happy with them all. Haven't tried a primary arms but have seen a couple good reviews. I am planning to go to the upcoming show as well and hoping to find some deals.

Your from liberty, your not going to find a better deal at the show than you can find right here.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Your from liberty, your not going to find a better deal at the show than you can find right here.

i agree, wish I had known about your business before purchasing my other vortex scopes. I do sweep through your website often and saving up for a refurbished pst viper. For the show I will be looking for parts to finish my ar build however.

LoneRanger81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    Alan, a buddy told me about your site but I just can't get into the Vortex Strike Eagle reticle. Never shot with a Vortex but the PA reticle has a better reticle IMO. Thank you though!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I will be near the door straight across the show from the entrance. They have been moving us around a lot lately, so I dont know an exact location, just an area. Look for the tan A&A Optics banner, and nice oak rolling display cases.

Mr2sday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Vortex does make great stuff! I use their 3x multiplier for my red dot. I have been very happy with Dagger Defense red dots and if your looking for a good quality scope for a good price I am sure the Osprey guys will be there. Their sole client for years was our US Military. I have several of their optics and they are crystal clear with great eye relief. Just some extra input.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I am sure the Osprey guys will be there. Their sole client for years was our US Military.

:orly::lol2:

No, just no. Pour out that kool aid, or get "osprey" to show some proof of that. Leupold, nightforce, trijicon, and aimpoint have that market. Hopefully soon to be vortex with the razor for SOCOM's new variable power scope search

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    :orly::lol2:

No, just no. Pour out that kool aid, or get "osprey" to show some proof of that. Leupold, nightforce, trijicon, and aimpoint have that market. Hopefully soon to be vortex with the razor for SOCOM's new variable power scope search

Doubtful. Vortex cant make enough scopes for the civilian market to keep up with demand. I doubt they want the military market which has much lower profit margins when scopes are sold faster than they are made to the civilian market with a higher markup.

Keep in mind, military use doesn't necessarily mean its the best. It means the government was able to buy them within a budget.

Also, I always hear the Osprey guys talk about "we just started selling to the public, we usto only sell to the military". FUnny thing was, I bought a scope from them in the 80's at the 1500 when I knew nothing about optics.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Doubtful. Vortex cant make enough scopes for the civilian market to keep up with demand. I doubt they want the military market which has much lower profit margins when scopes are sold faster than they are made to the civilian market with a higher markup.

Keep in mind, military use doesn't necessarily mean its the best. It means the government was able to buy them within a budget.

Also, I always hear the Osprey guys talk about "we just started selling to the public, we usto only sell to the military". FUnny thing was, I bought a scope from them in the 80's at the 1500 when I knew nothing about optics.

I'd say at least on SOCOM guns, there is some time taken to choose a good optic, hence the use of nightforce. They wouldn't be bear as cheap as leupold, but they are indestructible. I'd throw the razor on that level all day though. No question there are things on the market much better than milspec, but I'm under the personal impression, if it's good enough to survive the sandbox, good enough for me. YMMV

The reason I mention the razor is since socom used it's picture on their presentation for a variable optic, and tested on geissele mounts for the block 3 uppers. Doesn't mean anything, but it's had a following. My knowledge is limited on vortex though as a company, so I'll take your lead on that bigtime.

Aside from the military discussion, "Osprey" optics are Chinese knockoff junk scopes and always will be.... Vortex, Burris, or leupold cheapys

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'd say at least on SOCOM guns, there is some time taken to choose a good optic, hence the use of nightforce. They wouldn't be bear as cheap as leupold, but they are indestructible. I'd throw the razor on that level all day though. No question there are things on the market much better than milspec, but I'm under the personal impression, if it's good enough to survive the sandbox, good enough for me. YMMV

The reason I mention the razor is since socom used it's picture on their presentation for a variable optic, and tested on geissele mounts for the block 3 uppers. Doesn't mean anything, but it's had a following. My knowledge is limited on vortex though as a company, so I'll take your lead on that bigtime.

Aside from the military discussion, "Osprey" optics are Chinese knockoff junk scopes and always will be.... Vortex, Burris, or leupold cheapys

Gotya. I miss understood, and thought you were talking about mass issuing something like the ACOG, or Aimpoint. I can tell you for a fact that quite a few of the guys who get to pick what they run use the Razor series over seas.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Gotya. I miss understood, and thought you were talking about mass issuing something like the ACOG, or Aimpoint. I can tell you for a fact that quite a few of the guys who get to pick what they run use the Razor series over seas.

There is actually an album about it in the CRA clone Facebook page, big and little magnification razors. It's almost a given that the choice for SOCOM will be the razor, but with nightforce releasing a 1-8 soon, who knows.

saddlegunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Terre Haute IN
    I’ll need a good deal on a full mil dot at least 10x like the M-308 later this month. Full mildot for me means the dots go all the way to the bottom of the axis and the parralax or however it’s spelled is still good at 50yrds. It’ll be used for precision.22lr out to 220yds.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom