• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I ended up with a Ruger Charger for a pretty reasonable price and it's one of the newer ones with AR grip and I don't like it. So I thought it would be neat to put it in a stock that would allow for the sig or shockwave brace would be cool. A very quick google search on my phone didn't come up with much specifically for the charger but I assume a 10/22 stock that allows for an AR buffer tube would work. I would just obviously have to remove the adjustable stock and replace it with a brace of some sort. Anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Putting a 10/22 stock on it is going to make it an SBR. Which, unless you jump through the right hoops and pay the King his tax, is bad juju.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If he pulls the buffer tube on an aftermarket tactical stock b4 he puts the charger rcvr in it, I see no rifle created.

Once a rifle, always a rifle applies to the serial numbered part. Not the stock.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    If he pulls the buffer tube on an aftermarket tactical stock b4 he puts the charger rcvr in it, I see no rifle created.

Once a rifle, always a rifle applies to the serial numbered part. Not the stock.

That's what I thought. As long as the receiver is never installed in the stock with the actual butt stock on it. I should be good luck, right? Just remove the buffer tube and stock and replace it with a shockwave before ever putting the receiver inside.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I did this exact thing. I'll try and PM you pics. I love mine . Just waiting on getting my suppressor out of jail now. Lol

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I did this exact thing. I'll try and PM you pics. I love mine . Just waiting on getting my suppressor out of jail now. Lol

That would be great, I only found like three different ones on various other forums but they didn't have a lot of details of the build.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    If you want to see more pics of the aluminum stock you found from PMACA go over to Rimfirecentral.com. There are plenty of pics there. I have one of the stocks that I used to make a takedown. There are a couple of other companies that make a stock along the same lines but they are quite a bit more exspensive

Top Bottom