• ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Black Friday Pricing to remain in effect until further notice ... $850 for the rifle and EGW scope base.

I was shamed into closing this ad about 2 years ago, but this time it stays up until sold (or I get tired of bumping the ad).

I had this rifle out to the range a few times since the previous ad, but for the most part it just sits in my safe being neglected. Since I’m embarking upon a new project that needs funding, it’s back on the chopping block. Here’s the story.

I inherited this rifle from my dad. Unfortunately, he passed away long before I was old enough to discuss firearms with him, and mom knew nothing of how he acquired it or what modifications were made.

Based upon the serial number, this rifle was manufactured in 1961. The stock has picked up a few scuffs and scrapes, there’s a noticeable scratch on the magazine cover, and the bluing near the muzzle is thinning. However, the rest of the bluing is in excellent condition, and the bore is bright and shiny. Round count is unknown other than the 116 rounds I sent down range. All-in-all, this rifle is in great shape for its age.

Winchester specs on this rifle include 22” barrel, checkered Monte Carlo walnut stock with factory installed 1” sling swivels, 5-shot box magazine, 6.5 lbs., Lyman fold down rear sight and silver dot ramp front sight with hood. Some other features of this rifle include full jeweling on the bolt and magazine follower, the action has been bedded, the barrel is free floated, and the stock sports a Mershon White-Line no-slip butt plate.

Obligatory pictures

Win%2070%20-%2001_zpsn4mnwop3.jpg

Win%2070%20-%2002_zpsbgcc9qi4.jpg

You can own this fine example of a “Rifleman’s Rifle” for $1,000 cash. No trades are being entertained at this time.

The EGW scope base (part no. 42100) is included in the price. The scope and rings are not included. However, if you really want them, they’re yours for an extra $200. The scope is a Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32, Dead-Hold BDC (part no. DBK-10011), and the rings are Warne 1” medium height (part no. 2011).

A face-to-face meeting will be set up with the person buying this rifle. If I don’t know you, your driver’s license and LTCH will be reviewed with no information recorded. I’m willing to travel up to an hour from Brownsburg to make this deal happen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom