• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    First time going to the INDY 1500 Gun & Knife Show. I went on Saturday not knowing what to expect. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Asked a lot of questions and got really good answers. Like most gun shows many dealers did not like to haggle with price to much. So it was definitely wise to walk around the whole facility before purchasing. Overall it was a good experience and a good time to meet new people and learn about gun companies in the area. I even bought myself a Glock 17 gen 4. :ar15:

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    The last few shows have had smaller crowds and if you go on Sundays, many sellers are willing to haggle on price.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    First time going to the INDY 1500 Gun & Knife Show. I went on Saturday not knowing what to expect. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Asked a lot of questions and got really good answers. Like most gun shows many dealers did not like to haggle with price to much. So it was definitely wise to walk around the whole facility before purchasing. Overall it was a good experience and a good time to meet new people and learn about gun companies in the area. I even bought myself a Glock 17 gen 4. :ar15:

Some dealers leave haggle room in their price, some do not. It never hurts to try, but with me for instance, you could try for 2 hours, and you have wasted both of our time. The flip side is Im priced well below amazon, so its obvious why I dont haggle.

LoneRanger81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I was extremely let down by this show. Went there with a list of things to buy and all I walked out with was chocolate for the wife. If I wanted an antique gun, reman ammo, a holster or anything else overpriced from what I can buy online, this was the time to go. However, the lady selling the holsters with the low cut shirt and boobs pushed up made the trip worth it! :popcorn:

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I kinda wanted to go to this show since it has been a while, but just couldn't find the time. Not really looking for guns, but ammo, mags, and ammo cans.

Guess I'll have to wait a few more months.

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    I agree with you LoneRanger81 there was a lot of stuff that was over priced but a few gems in the mud. I felt like I got a good deal on the Glock 17 walking out of there. Biggest thing that sucked was paying for parking and paying $12 a person to get in. A little high in my book but it was somewhat worth it with the purchase and meeting local gun shops. Also seeing some new products and being able to get hands on with those products to see if I like them for future purchases was well worth it.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I had not been to the 1500 in a long time. Small crowd on Friday made it easy to get around and see everything, but fewer vendors than previous shows I'd been to over the years. Maybe the soft market post-election has some of the larger vendors unable to pay back their costs for making the trip to Indy? I did score a great deal on (4) good condition USGI Scepter fuel cans that are difficult to find and always high priced since import of new ones is banned. I have enough now to store or throw in the back of my diesel vehicle and refill tank twice extending range to 3x. At least that major savings paid back my entry fee.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was extremely let down by this show. Went there with a list of things to buy and all I walked out with was chocolate for the wife. If I wanted an antique gun, reman ammo, a holster or anything else overpriced from what I can buy online, this was the time to go. However, the lady selling the holsters with the low cut shirt and boobs pushed up made the trip worth it! :popcorn:

This last show, was a small one .....

The next one, should be a BIG one .....

In the other bldg., with 3-4 rooms full of "stuff" .....

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

Just saw this post. My teenage son was VERY interested in her product.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN

Violation of protocol to make such a post without photographic evidence!

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    I like to go to look. I find the prices are too high on used guns, many times new or greater than new parts.
    Last time I went for AR parts and they were cheap Chinese stuff.

OutdoorsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Greenwood
    I haven't been to the 1500 but plan to attend. My experience with gun shows is most are overpriced and it's best to note the dealer and their location then go visit them after the show. Hopefully the next show will be well worth the fees to get in the door.

The eye candy mentioned above wouldn't be bad to glance but wouldn't entice a purchase from me. I look at it as a distraction to the inflated prices. A great distraction might I add!

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I've been to the Indy1500 twice & can't remember ever buying anything there = Nothing, Overpriced gear marked way beyond market value. It was a complete waste of time & gas. Won't ever go again, You have to note that it's a 230 mile round trip for me & the next show is the same weekend as National Gun Day, a Bigger Better show five minutes from my house. They should look into when other shows are and schedule there's at least on the next weekend so they might get more vendors & patrons, just saying.. It's like around here they have a gunshow the same weekend as the machine gun shoot & no one is there, Wonder why? They are all at KCR buying heaps of cheep military goods & ammo & shooting the whole weekend & a half dozen folks that don't know go to the other gunshow.. Of course the guys at that show are pissed & want their money back..
    It's like a total loss for everyone, all they have to do is look on the internet as we all do..

This rant is in memory to my ole buddy "Mean Marcus" RIP Who went with me to over 300+ Gunshows in the past

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    I have yet to go to a gun show that was worth the effort. For the most part prices are high variety low. same crap from vendor after vendor marked up beyond what one can easily attain it elsewhere for. Of course the same can be said about the classified section here and most gun shops pricing locally.

Top Bottom