• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I didn't see this story. What was the outcome?

They (the police, city) let them march. A few hotheads with guns came out with the supermajority of protestors with signs with legit gripes. The supermajority marched about and said ".gov heavy-handedness with African-Americans must stop" and the hotheads got all the camera time. Everyone went home.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They (the police, city) let them march. A few hotheads with guns came out with the supermajority of protestors with signs with legit gripes. The supermajority marched about and said ".gov heavy-handedness with African-Americans must stop" and the hotheads got all the camera time. Everyone went home.

Probably because the city attorney told them, if they didn't want to get sued into oblivion, they had better letter them march. They question is why was this even vocalized. You'd think they'd know better.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Okay, that helps a little. What I'm trying to get at is, there wasn't a ban put in place, right? I'm finding all kinds of information about one being suggested, but nothing that says the ban didn't happen. I understand people had guns, but i'm arguing there wasn't an actual ban put in place. The very suggestion sucks, but this guy is telling hme there was a ban and I'm saying it wasn't.

This discussion came up when someone brought up the confiscation of firearms in the Virgin Islands. This guy said it was a good thing and I disagreed. He said the government needs to go door to door like they did in New Orleans during the storm. I didn't' know about that and had to look it up. He then said there doesn't have to be a disaster, similar to Cleveland. I thought I had him there and argued there wasn't a ban in Cleveland, only to be proven wrong. But, if this was just a conversation and not an actual ban, I would love to find some information about it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Okay, that helps a little. What I'm trying to get at is, there wasn't a ban put in place, right? I'm finding all kinds of information about one being suggested, but nothing that says the ban didn't happen. I understand people had guns, but i'm arguing there wasn't an actual ban put in place. The very suggestion sucks, but this guy is telling hme there was a ban and I'm saying it wasn't.

No, just teeth talk by the cops, or police brass to be more accurate.

Here's how it works:

The hotheads make over-the-top statement.

Cops overreact.

INGO runs in circles around conference room table.

BLM protestors with legitimate concerns get ignored.

Hotheads get quoted non-stop on INGO and Fox News.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

This discussion came up when someone brought up the confiscation of firearms in the Virgin Islands. This guy said it was a good thing and I disagreed. He said the government needs to go door to door like they did in New Orleans during the storm. I didn't' know about that and had to look it up. He then said there doesn't have to be a disaster, similar to Cleveland. I thought I had him there and argued there wasn't a ban in Cleveland, only to be proven wrong. But, if this was just a conversation and not an actual ban, I would love to find some information about it.

"... needs to go to door..."
    You should ask the guy why he want to waste valuable time. And how much time does he think it's going to take, going home to home.

Top Bottom