Need a 9mm, Optics ready, Manual Safety.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Hey guys, having some trouble searching for a friend. We need to find a compact or subcompact 9mm. Striker or Hammer are both acceptable. An external safety is a must, and factory optics ready is greatly desired. A P320rx would be ideal but they are crazy hard to find with the Manual Safety.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I believe one of the XD / XDm line of pistols is optics ready.

S&W M&P has the C.O.R.E. pistol - but I don't know if they come with a manual safety or not.

all in all - the pre-cut optics pistols are less than ideal for perfect fit/alignment of the optic. The optic sizes vary too much - the generic pocket cuts, therefore, must be "oversized" to fit the variations. The best way to get the best fit would be to ship the slide AND optic in to have the pocket milled to the exact dimensions of the optic.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Thanks guys, I've talked to Sig, and the 320rx isn't made with the safety. The safety is only available on regular 320s that are Massachusetts compliant.

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have not used one, and have no affiliation to any, but there are options where you can replace the rear sight with one that will accommodate an optic. Sight-mount is one, Vortex Optics is another. This way you can buy the gun that meets all your requirements, and have the optic. Good luck.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You might be better off buying the gun with everything you want except the optics ready part. Then send the slide to have it milled for an opitc mount.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Hey guys, having some trouble searching for a friend. We need to find a compact or subcompact 9mm. Striker or Hammer are both acceptable. An external safety is a must, and factory optics ready is greatly desired. A P320rx would be ideal but they are crazy hard to find with the Manual Safety.

What am I missing?

Thanks

P07, swap the decocker for the safety, send the slide to be milled. Should set you back about 650 buying a new pistol from gallery and having Cajun do the milling. There are companies that sell rmr mounts that slide into the rear beavertail, but at that point your holdover gets pretty high. I wouldn't have thought about sight height until I took a cqb drill course using ar15's, it made a much bigger impact than I would have ever thought.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Factory optics cuts are almost exclusively on larger, long-slide models marketed for competition.

Surprised nobody's asked yet: what's the purpose of the gun?

Top Bottom