• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a new model super blackhawk that needs a new front sight. I'm looking for a fiber optic one that is a little bit taller. It's a stainless steel one with a 4 5/8" barrel and it is driving me out of my mind. The rear sight is already adjusted all the way down and the thing still hits 2 to 4 inches high at 25-30 yds no matter what load I run through it. Anyone else have this issue?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Have you looked at Dawson Precision? If not, I would start there. I have talked to them on the phone, and the folks that answer over there are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I second the team over at Dawson's. I've used them for a few sights, and if I ever had a question, they were great about getting me the right answer very quickly. And I think they are competitively priced. I have their sights on two CZs, and put them on a PPQ as well. Mine also came with some extra rods, which most probably do, but I thought this was nice.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    You might also try Ruger Customer Service. If you bottomed out the rear sight and its still hitting high at 25 yards, the barrel alignment might need looked at. The threads might be canting the barrel. Ruger might address the issue and you wont have to spend a dime.

Top Bottom