Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Just finished my checklist.
    -Mission MXB320, Vortex XBR
    -Black Eagle bolts with rage hypodermic
    -Huge backpack full of crap

Gonna hit the woods by 6:30am. Good luck tomorrow and be safe!

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Just ordered a new string for my bear authority 20 minutes ago. Accuracy went to crap when switching to broadheads and continued to get worse. Serving is separating by the lower cam. But have my carbon express x bow in the jeep with carbon express pile drivers wearing nap quick fletch and nap redneck broad heads. Leaving at 5am and hope to be wrapped up by 7:30am.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Not as ready as I hoped to be. I have both my wife's and my bow tuned and ready to roll. Our issue is with one of the places we hunt. It is currently being logged. We did get a ground blind set up and two stand ups but still have 4 more stands to put up. I have been waiting to see the progress of the logging to make sure my stands won't get damaged. We are going to give it a try in the morning before church (love having two service times to choose from!) since it's supposed to warm back up this next week. Good luck to everyone.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Been out 3 times this year already(reduction zone) First day had a nice doe come by but she had a fawn with her and the fawn still had its spots so I gave them a pass. Second day had a doe no more than 15 yards but would not turn to give me a shot till she darted off. This morning all i seen was a tail at about 100 yards. Guess the good thing is I've been seeing em, just haven't gotten off a shot yet.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I just purchased my deer bundle online and my fall turkey. Truck is packed. Plan to be in the stand 30 minutes (minimum) before legal.

Should be a nice cool morning. Weather forecast is for 41 in town, so I expect high 30s in the woods where I hunt. Will probably cut it short by 9:30, or no later than 10 (central time), as I am not much of a fan of hunting in warm weather, feeding the mosquitoes, dressing out deer when it's warm, etc. Looking forward to it. Got a great corner spot and can see down two tree lines, can see them coming from a long ways out. Corn field right in front of me stretches out for about 300 yards to the next tree line. Good deer signs around me, already have a few scrapes and rubs, and saw a nice 8-point still in velvet the day I put up my stands. Should be a nice morning!

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We’ll be out but not until afternoon. We rarely see much activity in the mornings after daybreak but they’ve been coming to the food plot the last hour of daylight for the past month. We’re sleeping in.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    Leaving in about an hour or so. Everything checked and double checked. To everyone going, be safe and for those hunting from stands, harness up. I would rather come back here and read great hunting stories instead of tragic falls.
    NVG

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Meat is already in the freezer. Used the bow to take a reduction doe on Wednesday afternoon. Now for that buck....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We had two does and a young'n come by this afternoon but no bucks. I really don't care to hunt if the temps are still hitting 65* or higher during the day anyway. I always feel a ton of pressure figure out how to get the deer cooled down ASAP and kept cold and the warmer it is the tougher that can be considering I'm 1.5 hours from home and staying in a camper.

Top Bottom