• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Revere's Riders will be hosting an Invitational Rifle Match to honor Marty Brown on November 4th and 5th. Marty was an Instructor who lost her long battle with ovarian cancer. This is a rifle match, there will not be an instructional portion to this event. Come prepared to shoot sighters and two qualifiers during half of each day and work the pits the other half.

Follow this link "Marty Brown Invitational Rifle Match" to view the match rules, divisions and to get signed up.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So, is this an "invitational", or is it open to anyone?

Anyone can sign up, but there is zero instruction. All shooters should be squared away prior to the event. So if you've attended a past basic rifle or similar type course, you should be good to go. Hope to see a lot of friends and INGOers there.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Could you describe the course of fire (prone, offhand, sitting, timed)? How many rounds for each position?
    Will the course of fire repeat at the following distances? 100yd, 200yd, 300yd, 400yd
    What targets will be used? Will they be the same for scope and irons?

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Could you describe the course of fire (prone, offhand, sitting, timed)? How many rounds for each position?
    Will the course of fire repeat at the following distances? 100yd, 200yd, 300yd, 400yd

Unsuported at 100, move back to 200 and shoot sitting, move back to 300 and shoot prone, move back to 400 and shoot prone. All timed to shoot 10 shots. 100 yd/2 mins, 200/1 min, 300/70 secs, 400/5 mins. You must do a mag change for 200 & 300. Only allowed to use a sling to support (no tripoding magazine or using a rest).
    Target is approx 26 wide by 19 tall and is the same for irons, scope, red dot ....
    Typically run from 100 out to 400 then work 400 back to 100. Rinse lather repeat as time allows.
    You carry everything with you so pack
    light. There will be some time to verify zero and gather data at each of the ranges (100,200,300,400).
    Having said all this I am a nobody but this has been my experience at the last two or three and I suspect the format will be similar.
    One things for sure you will have a great time at a great venue with great people.
    I'm hoping to make it out there again as this is a superb opportunity.
    There should be a couple of AAR's floating around for Atterbury KD shoots which may offer more info.
    Someone in the know should be along to correct whatever errors I made.
    Nigel

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Click on the link in the original post. There is a course description on the page. Nad63 was close in his description. Check out the link for more details.

And yes, this event is opened to the public. No where can you get to shoot at Atterbury for two straight days for such a reasonable price. Granted there is not instruction, but you get two sets of sighters, and four qualifiers. This allows you to collect data on two different rifles if you want. Plus with no instruction, there will be a lot of instructors on the line shooting and it's guaranteed there will be a lot of ribbing going on. Sign ups end Oct 27th, don't let the date slip by and not be signed up.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    It was brought to my attention that there isn't exactly a course description if you don't know what a qualifier is. This is what I was referring to in the link and what a qualifier is.
    [h=3]General Match Rules[/h] The following general match rules are in effect:

• Attendees will squad into groups of 4 (two shooting, two in the pits) during strings.
    • Each relay will shoot sighters and then two qualifiers, swap and repeat.
    • Saturday morning shooters shoot Sunday Afternoon (by shooting sighters each day it gives the opportunity to shoot in two divisions)
    [h=3]Match Divisions[/h] Match divisions will include the following:

• Service Rifle (ARs, AKs, M14s as long as the sights are irons)
    • Vintage Service (M1s, Enfields, K31, WWII era, iron sights only)
    • Open (any rifle, any sights)

A qualifier consists of
    100 yards, one magazine, ten rounds, standing, 2 minutes time limit
    200 yards, two magazines, one with 2 rounds and one with 8 rounds, transition from standing to seated, shoot ten rounds in 60 seconds time limit
    300 yards, two magazines, one with 2 rounds and one with 8 rounds, transition from standing to seated, shoot ten rounds in 70 seconds time limit
    400 yards, one magazine ten rounds, prone 5 minutes time limit.

Sighters are shot at each distance consisting of three shots, targets are marked so that you may see where your shots impacted. You can then make adjustments if needed and shoot three more sighters to verify. You will then move to the next distance shooting sighters are each distance out to 400 yards. Sighters will only be shot once before the two qualifiers or each relay on each day.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    As soon as I can nail down my work schedule around that weekend I'll be signing up.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    :tantrum: :tantrum:

I want to be there so badly for this but I can't find a single person at work willing to do a trade so I can make it. This has been a really, really bad year for other non-shooting things. The inability to make it to almost all the shooting events/training this year has just been the icing on this crappy year.

Keep trying you have until the 27th to get signed up.

That's right folks, this isn't one of those shoot where you can just show up. Registration closes the week before. Hurry up and get signed up.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    It just so happens that I have a spare bed in the form of a pull out couch if you want to crash here. Rumor has it I may even attend this event with a few family members.:rockwoot:

And for anyone wondering , Yeah, thats Marty Brown to the left

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    OK, I'm signed up! I'm bringing a scoped PSA 18" AR15 & my 99% stock-ish iron sighted '90's Colt Sporter AR15. No fancy schmancy guns, no fancy schmancy hand loads, just over the counter ammo.

Top Bottom