• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Any of you INGOers drive for a ride sharing company?
    I've considered it many times. But I'm pretty particular.

I have a full-time job that easily pays all my bills. I have a 2 year old car that I just bought this spring, it's a sports sedan (very nice, fast, low gas mileage).

I don't expect to make lots of money. It would just be something fun for me to try. I would not drive on weekends or late nights (I'm not driving a bunch of drunks around).

If I drive for a ride sharing company I would do it on a very limited basis and would not change my lifestyle or anything about me to do it. I would just hop in the car if I was bored and do a couple trips.

What at are you experiences with driving for U or L? Would the way I've outlined doing it be enjoyable?

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    A couple of these threads already out there with good info. Use the search function to find them.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    My Son Uber's down in Ft. Myers 3-4 nights for extra income. Makes runs to the airports, Dr. offices and few bars. Pays the rent and them some. I'm not thrilled with him doing it and obviously there is some risk involved picking up strangers. I'd give it a whirl, if you have a bad experience, you just back out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Call your Insurance Company. They charge you the For Higher (public passenger) Rates. I know a fellow that thought Uber would be a great part time job, didn't last to long.

Also check all of your warranties. I have a lifetime powertrain warranty on the used 2014 Traverse I bought a few months ago. If I use it for commercial purposes like uber, the warranty is voided.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    What kind of sports sedan??

In my experience you make money in mornings, at night and on weekends. Morning trips to the airport were the best. Always good people and most tipped. Around Indy the bar crowd is where the money is. I enjoyed driving for Uber . I had spare time at night and was always up anyways so I tried it. It was a fun experience for sure. In the end I didn't want the wear and tear on my car and sooner or later someone is gonna spill something or get sick. I didn't want that.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I lost my job a couple years ago....so I applied to drive for Uber. My insurance company was State Farm, they told me that under no circumstances would they cover me while doing an Uber run. Now State farm offers a rider for Uber/Lyft drivers. If you won't drive weekends or nights, then you may as well save your time and trouble. Not many runs during the daytime hours compared to the number of drivers on the clock. I had an SUV and that would have gotten me a higher pay rate than a car...I decided against it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you are in Indiana, maybe Amazon is quietly doing a trial run here before officially launching the delivery service.

Yep, in Indiana, not too far from all the Amazon warehouses in Plainfield, so there are times even without Prime that I get stuff really fast, and definitely get all Amazon deliveries now by Amazon delivery drivers. If you haven't seen them they are in private vehicles, but now seem to be wearing orange or other colored vests and they seem to be taking pictures of the package at the delivery location as proof of delivery.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yep, in Indiana, not too far from all the Amazon warehouses in Plainfield, so there are times even without Prime that I get stuff really fast, and definitely get all Amazon deliveries now by Amazon delivery drivers. If you haven't seen them they are in private vehicles, but now seem to be wearing orange or other colored vests and they seem to be taking pictures of the package at the delivery location as proof of delivery.

Next time you see one, ask them how to apply!

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    What kind of sports sedan??

In my experience you make money in mornings, at night and on weekends. Morning trips to the airport were the best. Always good people and most tipped. Around Indy the bar crowd is where the money is. I enjoyed driving for Uber . I had spare time at night and was always up anyways so I tried it. It was a fun experience for sure. In the end I didn't want the wear and tear on my car and sooner or later someone is gonna spill something or get sick. I didn't want that.

Taurus SHO

Top Bottom