• ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For those who don't want to click on links :
    It bans any device that increases rate of fire.
    Your 30 round mags increase rate of fire per minute.
    Your lighter competition trigger technically increases rate of fire.
    Having a pistol grip makes it easier to fire quickly. Thus increases rate of fire.
    Using cased ammo instead of a muzzle loader with black powder increases rate of fire.

The ATF would essentially be able to regulate out of existence anything beyond a muzzle loader.

If you had doubts the GOP leadership is in on creating a totalitarian state, this should end them. It'll go slow at first, but 20 years from now you'll be using nothing but pump shotguns and bolt actions. Then black powder for "hunting"
    Also. No grandfather clause.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    That isn't a slippery slope, it's a trap door under a noose.

It does specifically call out "increase the ROF of a semi auto" so presumably whatever it is from the factory is the limit, not quite pushing us back to muzzle loaders.

That being said, even things like sights could be targeted (ha) as better sights allow you to aim faster = faster follow up shots.

So yea, pretty much anything could be argued...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    But hey, bump stocks are nothing more than cheating, no one needs them get rid of them! THIS is exactly how we are going to get rid of them, and a lot of other things at the same time...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It does specifically call out "increase the ROF of a semi auto" so presumably whatever it is from the factory is the limit

what is the rate of fire of a semi-automatic?

If I exceed that using just my trigger finger, is my finger banned?

horrible, horrible legislation.

-rvb

no bump firing. No gimmicks. Just me. I've got vids of me shooting an AR just as fast, with a GI trigger and no bumpfiring (technique or widgets).
    [video=youtube;i-zBWAEoM4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zBWAEoM4A[/video]

Last edited:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    what is the rate of fire of a semi-automatic?

If I exceed that using just my trigger finger, is my finger banned?

horrible, horrible legislation.

-rvb

Exactly. Rate of fire of a semi automatic is impossible to define thus whomever is running the ATF could set whatever definition they like. Insert all your evil black rifles are banned.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Hello Senator Donally,
    I am NOT in favor of more gun control legislation. Although a tragedy in Las Vegas, we as a country need to start criminalizing the people who do these cowardly acts of evil and quit blaming the equipment used. If you can not support the constitution and my rights as a citizen, I can not in good conscience support you in your office.
    Thank you for your time,
    God Bless!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hello Senator Donally,
    I am NOT in favor of more gun control legislation. Although a tragedy in Las Vegas, we as a country need to start criminalizing the people who do these cowardly acts of evil and quit blaming the equipment used. If you can not support the constitution and my rights as a citizen, I can not in good conscience support you in your office.
    Thank you for your time,
    God Bless!

For Pete's sake, SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT!

If you want someone to listen to you, at least give someone that level of courtesy.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I made a nice long post on my Facebook page to get the word out, tagged every gun owning friend I know, and also posted MAC's video to Indiana Firearms Legal Support page. I'm getting the word out to everyone I know.

Emails to follow shortly to my Indiana representatives.

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West
    Why dont they just ban murder? That way gun folks can keep their guns and the anti-gun folks will be happy that nobody will be murdered...

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since there is no language defining a "Rate increasing device" They could, they could ban Belt loops. Because if you watch the video you see a guy hook his Finger in his loop and bump fire his M4 style AR.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Erik and Chad dropping knowledge bombs again. Erik out there rocking the INGO shirt too!
    [video]https://youtube.com/watch?t=1412s&v=kYNEiTNt5mo[/video]

I saw that! Pretty cool!

[video=youtube;kYNEiTNt5mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNEiTNt5mo&t=262s[/video]

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Looks like a little back-tracking from 'ol Paul in Wisconsin... (or more like how the wind blows)...

House Speaker Ryan Backs Away From Bump Fire Ban Bill - The Truth About Guns

I wouldn't hold my breath on those narrow shouldered, weak knead types...

He just making his move in the game of chess. This has already been discussed as to how it play out by him and his constituents along with NRA and the ATF. Next move now is for the ATF to sit on it for a good while then come back to Congress and state something along the lines of "we have no guidance as to how to re-elvauate". By that time no one will care much about Vegas and it will fade into time with other things eating up air time such as Kim and his pathetic missile program and Kim Kardashian being mugged in Paris over a $4k pair of shoes

Top Bottom