• ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INDNR/bulletins/1bcb743

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lloyd B. Arnold appointed to lead DNR Law Enforcement[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Governor Eric J. Holcomb and Indiana Department of Natural Resources Director Cameron F. Clark announced today that state Rep. Lloyd B. Arnold has been appointed director of law enforcement for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR) beginning Oct. 23.

[FONT=times new roman,times]Arnold has been the state representative for District 74 since November 2012, serving Crawford, Dubois, Orange, Perry and Spencer counties. As a state representative, he served as vice chair of the Natural Resources Committee and was a member of the Agriculture, Veterans Affairs and Public Safety, and Elections and Appointments committees.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]“I am honored by this opportunity to lead Indiana’s conservation officers,” Arnold said. “While it has been my great privilege to represent the citizens of House District 74, I look forward to continuing my service to Hoosiers in this new role.”

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Arnold joined the U.S. Army after graduating from Perry Central High School in 1992. He later joined the Indiana National Guard and was commissioned as a lieutenant in 1998. In 2003, he served the Indiana National Guard in Iraq as an executive officer. While in Iraq, he was awarded the Bronze Star and Combat Infantry Badge. Arnold’s tradition of public service continued as a reserve sheriff’s deputy in Crawford County and as a representative on the sheriff department’s merit board.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]In 2007, Arnold opened Crawford County’s first franchise of Servpro, a water and fire damage business. He later sold his business while serving at the Statehouse and became executive director of the Orange County Economic Development Partnership.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Arnold and his wife have been married for 20 years and have four sons. They are members of Hillview Christian Church.[/FONT][/FONT]​

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    His first act as Director: rifles allowed for deer during odd years on properties with even addresses.

Alternate years allow rifles for deer if triggers have 5lb pulls or higher.

Composite stocks, jeweled bolts, and non-black recoil pads are never permitted. Obviously.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I am being positive on this, and want to think that this is an attempt to clean up the mess that has been made of the rifle rules, and the interpretation the DNR enforces. Lets give the guy a chance. We can't all complain that the system is not working, and then when a change in the system is made complain about it.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Seems perfectly qualified for the job. I'm sure the CO's are thrilled with the decision.

Never Underestimate the Ability of a Career Politician in Rewarding another Career Politician with a Job and that Appointee have Absolutely ZERO Law Enforcement Experience :rolleyes:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I am being positive on this, and want to think that this is an attempt to clean up the mess that has been made of the rifle rules, and the interpretation the DNR enforces. Lets give the guy a chance. We can't all complain that the system is not working, and then when a change in the system is made complain about it.

He authored the current rules when he was not the Director of IDNR LE. He could just as easily fix it without being the Director. Things happen, mistakes get made and hopefully the latest regs will be corrected soon. My problem is not with him personally, it is with a politician with zero experience enforcing the law being appointed to manage an agency tasked with doing just that. There is a gaping hole in perspective when someone who has not performed the job is appointed to oversee others who are performing it. No personal attacks on him from me, its just bad business.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Bad business?
    How much worse can it get?

This current PCR nonsense.

The DNR did not make a mistake. What they did was intentional, and went against the law.

Who all was in on this scam?

The legislator punching himself in the face, gives the new director a fresh start.

Since he doesn't have Trump hair, maybe folks across the board will give him a chance.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm confused here.

Are people saying they think that the new law was screwed up on purpose, that the DNR is purposefully misapplying what the law says, both, or neither?

I can't see why they would intentionally make this change. It is very easy to read something and not fully comprehend what the words say, especially when you are not thinking about things in that manner.

Politicians suck, but they do make honest mistakes.

Top Bottom