• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    After a year of wearing the same pair almost daily, I figure it's time to replace them. The brand I have has never been very comfortable, so what does everyone prefer?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    After a year of wearing the same pair almost daily, I figure it's time to replace them. The brand I have has never been very comfortable, so what does everyone prefer?

I've been wearing them since about 1986, and have run the gamut. Right now, I wear Accuvue Oasis 2-week disposables, but I typically go about a month before swapping. I also have a couple boxes of the new daily disposables which I keep in various places in case I tear a regular lens or whatever. Got a pair in my desk, a pair in the glove box of both cars, etc.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My wife was told earlier this year that if she continued to wear contacts - she'd probably go blind.

Note: Don't wear your contacts 18 hours every single day and not expect to have eye issues down the road.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wear my contacts eight hours a day. I wish I could get Lasik again so I didn't have to, but I don't have that option.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Accuvue Oasys for me. The 2-week version.

I tend to wear them for a few days, and then take them out overnight. Give my eyes a break. I'll also take a break and wear glasses now and then. MUCH prefer the contacts, though. Only time they really bug me is during allergy season.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, I hate glasses. No matter what you do, they're always dirty, they fog up, they suck in general. I'd wear my contacts longer, but, at about seven hours, my eyes are screaming at me.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    As a kid I wore contacts all day everyday. Now I can't wear them for more than a few hours before my eyes start to hurt.

Sitting in front of a computer for most of the day doesn't help. Now I only wear contacts when I ref hockey (don't want any 4 eyes jokes and it's hard to wear glasses under a helmet).

My eye doctor recommended the daily disposables over the 2 weekers, but I haven't tried them yet. I will be when I go back for my annual exam later this year.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I use Acu-Vue Oasis also, and I take them out every night. I must be lucky that I can wear them as long as I want and they never seem to bother me, and when one gets uncomfortable, I just change it out for a new one. I probably average 3 or 4 months for a lens. I went on a two night camping trip a while back and I left them in for three days with no trouble.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I use Acu-Vue Oasis also, and I take them out every night. I must be lucky that I can wear them as long as I want and they never seem to bother me, and when one gets uncomfortable, I just change it out for a new one. I probably average 3 or 4 months for a lens. I went on a two night camping trip a while back and I left them in for three days with no trouble.

Same here, I rarely have any issues with mine. My once a month change is more habit than anything else. I usually ditch the contacts and change my razor blade on the same day, usually at the beginning of the month...it's the only way I remember to.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade and I've always been pretty near-sighted. Those of us who wore glasses on my high school wrestling team used to talk about what we called "Fearless Fly Syndrome" (you may have to be a certain age to remember that cartoon) where you feel like you can't operate at full strength when you take your glasses off. You couldn't see the scoreboard or the timer, and one guy even headed towards the other team's bench after his match because they wore the same color that we did.

In my senior season, I saved enough money to get a pair of soft contacts that I could wrestle in and it made a huge difference.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Acuview 2 oasis for me. Been wearing them since age 12 or so. I don't wear them when I'm tired or the first few night shifts. I never sleep in them.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I've been wearing contacts for 27 years and have been through most brands and types over the years. Last year the Dr. changed me to the dailies and I am glad she did. I put a new pair in everyday and they are the most comfortable I have ever had. I do have to clean them with a different solution than they are packed with before I put them in though. Their solution bugs my eyes but a quick rinse and I am good.

Also if your contacts are bothering you by the end of the day try changing the solution you use. It really can make a big difference.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've thought about changing solutions, but these contacts have sucked since day one. I've used the same solution for years.

Top Bottom