• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    I just received my new Savage 10 FCP-SR .308 24 inch barrel this weekend. Last night I finally got around to putting it together and adding the scope. I wanted to see how everything functioned and well what do you know. I could not get the 10th round into the magazine. It did not even want to press down past the 9th at all. So much for a 10 round mag. I did a little digging and found it was a pretty known issue with the early versions of it. But you think they would have fixed this issue by now. I have not contacted Savage yet but will most likely shoot them an email to see if they fixed their mag issue. Other then that the rifle is awesome. I can't wait to shoot it. I just wanted to know if any of you Savage 10 FCP-SR owners have ran into the same issue or any other issues that I should be aware of.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    If you pack 9 in there and let it sit for a bit, do you think it would loosen up after a bit? How do you like it other then that? I was just looking at that guy online.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I just received my new Savage 10 FCP-SR .308 24 inch barrel this weekend. Last night I finally got around to putting it together and adding the scope. I wanted to see how everything functioned and well what do you know. I could not get the 10th round into the magazine. It did not even want to press down past the 9th at all. So much for a 10 round mag. I did a little digging and found it was a pretty known issue with the early versions of it. But you think they would have fixed this issue by now. I have not contacted Savage yet but will most likely shoot them an email to see if they fixed their mag issue. Other then that the rifle is awesome. I can't wait to shoot it. I just wanted to know if any of you Savage 10 FCP-SR owners have ran into the same issue or any other issues that I should be aware of.

Yup had the same issue with mine when I had the same rifle as yours. The 10th rd would not go in, I didn't really worry about it much as I don't really care for that mag system anyway. It works but not as well as it should, at any rate my newer FCP-SR in 6.5 Creedmoor does allow a full 10rds, So I'm guessing you got an earlier production mag. Best advice I can give is save your pennies and do away with the whole setup and get a bolt in Accurate mag bottom metal for that gun then you'll be able to use any AI patterned mag (which is what Ill do with my Creedmoor, if I don't end up putting it in a chassis). As mentioned if your wanting to get a hold of someone at Savage you have to call, they dont respond to their email...

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Same issue with mine. I've had it since December and it goes to the range with me every month and the mag spring hasn't loosened up at all. I've mentioned this in other threads that the magazine system is hoaky but that's my only complaint. It shoots wonderfully and lat weekend I was able to get my first two single hole groups at 100 yards. Mine prefers hornady match 168 and others have mentioned similar experiences with other 168 gr loads. Over look the mag thing and enjoy shooting it.

Top Bottom