• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    UPDATE: Per law, I cannot rehome or euthanize her until after a 10 day period. This is to observe her to make sure she hasn't recently contracted rabies. She is current on all vaccinations so this should not be an issue at all. If anyone is interested in her, I can and will meet up around central Indiana. Please pm with any questions

This is Belle. She is a black and tan coonhound. she is about 65 lbs. she is current on all vaccinations. she is microchipped. she is spayed. I have been told she goes now. She snapped at and got our 7 year old in the face today. we have had several other incidents. Overall she is a good and loving dog, but she will snap if she is sat on or rolled over on or spooked while sleeping.

She would be best in a home without kids or if there are kids, the need to have a very healthy respect for dogs and their personal space.

She would need a fenced in yard as she likes to run when she gets a scent. she has not had a lot of interaction with other dogs but what she has had, she seems to do ok with dogs her size or bigger, but I don't trust her with smaller dogs. Time is of the essence. If I don't have someone committed, I will be taking her to the vet to be euthanized in the morning. I am just east of greenfield.

you can text or call me at 317.372.6480 for fastest response. pm works as well. I will try to check it often.

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    they won't take her because I live in rush county. just a tick outside of hancock. Rush county doesn't want her because she bit a kid. my hands are tied.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Whatever you do, thank you for being honest with the shelters!
    We adopted a beautiful Mountain Cur from the Humane Society, over several weeks/months we invested in training, shots, etc., to find out the he was a biter.
    He was a great watch dog, and out in public he was fine. But at home he was the defender.
    At first, he nipped the son in law and ripped the knee of his jeans. Not a huge deal.
    Then he snapped at a visitor who had gotten down at face level with him. Luckily, she pulled away quick enough to avoid getting bit.
    Shortly after that, he bit the foot of another visitor/family member. A few stitches! That was the last straw!
    We were in discussions with Humane Society, our trainer, and a Vet. when the dog got outside (we were very careful trying to keep him inside, but he slipped by us) and bit a lady on the back of her thigh. That one cost our insurance co. about $10,000!
    I believe the person who gave him to the Humane Society lied so the dog wouldn't be put down. Ended up costing us, our insurance co., and the two people who were bit.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I believe in 100% transparency on any transaction. unfortunately I believe it is going to end up costing this dog her life. :( I have until next Sunday to find her a home. If nothing comes through, I will be making the appointment with the vet to have her put down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK folks. This is still a classifieds ad and the bumping has to stop.....Please.
    Lets start a thread on it and discuss away.
    I let it go for a while but we need to observe the 24 hour bump rule.....Please.

Thanks all,

-CM-

Top Bottom