• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    I bought some .44 cal 225gn "XPB" bullets for reloading some .44 special, can't seem to find any load data for them. Would anyone happen to have any info about loading them for .44 special?
    If it makes a difference, will be use in a snub nose revolver. If you have data for autocomp powder that would be the best as I have lots of that on hand.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Barnes only lists the 200gn XPB for the special....http://www.barnesbullets.com/files/2015/03/44Special.pdf

They list the 225grainer for the mag....http://www.barnesbullets.com/files/2017/03/44-Rem-Mag.pdf

My Lyman 50th only shows 200gn and 240gn jhp data for 44 Special......no 225gn

Also, Hodgdon doesn't show any 225gn data for the special using Autocomp, although they do have a load for a 220gn...Set your sights on pistol reloading data | Hodgdon Reloading

Maybe return the 225s for the 200s? :dunno:

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    Hmmmm okay, well I got them on sale so can't return.

Well I never saw anywhere it said .44 special or magnum. I just figured .44cal in this weight should be decent. Usually I'm using 240gn RN lead. Thought these might be good to carry while hunting or such.

Well not sure where to go. I would try and figure out a load for them but I only have 20rounds so by the time I get a good one I will be out of them. That's not cool.

Top Bottom