• ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Have always wanted one, so a few questions,

Given the following, It would be carried with regularity, I shoot a 1911 the best hands down, and I am not concerned about capacity.

1 Is $3200 a fair price new in box Non railed.

2 would a Dan Wesson be of equal quality and perhaps a better value? (Specifically a Valkyrie)

3 would the 5 magazine's included figure into the value equation?

Thanks

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Is it worth it that depends on several things.

3200 is new through your FFL, if you want one now they are going higher on gunbroker from what ive seen. I believe its fair but it all depends who you talk to. Many of my friends think im crazy to spend 3k on a pistol specifically a 1911 but they do not shoot as much as I do and don't understand a lot of production 1911 will not run reliably after thousands of rounds. (Some will. My experience only a few.)

Have you contacted SA on the wait time for the pistol currently 18 to 24 months. ( I have about 16 more to go)

There are other option in the semi custom arena I would look into. Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Les Baer. Of all these I prefer Wilson there customer service is amazing. Baer is built a bit different but all great firearms.

Dan Wesson is a good choice also for the money not really in the same category as above but very close. No MIM, Duty finish is the most durable finish I have seen and really good fit guns for being production pistols. (I have a Guardian that gets carried alot)

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Is it worth it that depends on several things.

Have you contacted SA on the wait time for the pistol currently 18 to 24 months. ( I have about 16 more to go)

There are other option in the semi custom arena I would look into. Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Les Baer. Of all these I prefer Wilson there customer service is amazing. Baer is built a bit different but all great firearms.

Dan Wesson is a good choice also for the money not really in the same category as above but very close. No MIM, Duty finish is the most durable finish I have seen and really good fit guns for being production pistols. (I have a Guardian that gets carried alot)

My LGS has one in stock, I think the owner is a 1911 Guy as they always have a few nice ones, I passed on the last one as it was a railed model.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You, might NOT want to hear this, but here goes .....

You can get a S&W, 1911, and send it through the Performance Center,

for about the same money ..... Wait time, I have NO idea .....

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    You, might NOT want to hear this, but here goes .....

You can get a S&W, 1911, and send it through the Performance Center,

for about the same money ..... Wait time, I have NO idea .....

This is true^^^^

All depends on your wallet. Springer pros are kinda rare so collectable could be your factor there.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I looked at a nice used one not too long ago for 2200.00, it was nice but at the time I didn't really think it was 2200.00 nice. 3200.00 is a lot but they do have a popular following I think in the end it depends on how much you really want a Pro. The Pro is pretty basic as far as 'customs' go, for the price you could probably get a much nicer Wilson if you were just looking at the semi-customs that are available.

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    $3,200 isn't bad if you want one right now.

On May 27th, 2014, my Father, Brother and I ordered a non railed, railed and railed Professional, respectively, directly from Springfield Armory's Custom shop. Yes, you can order directly from the Custom Shop. All they required from us was an email stating what we wanted and a copy of the FFL we wanted the pistols shipped to. At the time of order, you are locked in at the current price and do not owe any money until the pistol is ready to ship. During our two year wait, Springfield increased the price for the Pros ($2,700, I believe). Fortunately, we were locked in at the lower price. My Father took delivery of his in March of 2016, I took delivery of mine in June of 2016 and my Brother received his in November of 2016. After shipping and FFL transfer, I had just over $2,200 in mine. At the time, this was the easiest, most cost effective way for us to acquire our SA Pros. If you can wait the two plus years (depending on model and current demand), I highly suggest ordering direct from Springfield.

Are the worth the hype and wait? To me, yes. I am sure you are aware of this, there were only two Manufacturers that passed the tests required to become the FBI SWAT sidearm and only one that received the contract.

My Pro came from the factory with 5, maybe 6 mags, (will count when I get home). So, no, the 5 mags shouldn't be figured into the value equation.

Click the link below for everything you ever wanted to know about the Springer Pro:
    https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=144074

Last edited:

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I have a Springer Custom Shop pistol that started life as a target pistol. When I got it I sent it back to the Custom Shop and had them put fixed night sights on and it is basically a Professional without the magwell. It shoots better than any 1911 I've ever shot. Is it worth what I have invested in it? I would say yes but if I had to pay $3000+ for it I don't know if I would.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I am dropping 3K plus I will build one from scratch and get what I feel is important. No knock on the SA as I am a dyed in the wool SA fanboy but for that money I will pick out the pieces and then build the puzzle.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    It seems like slightly used are going at around $2700 lately.
    I posses an early model with the Nowlin barrel. It is a very nice 1911. I have a few Wilson's and they are equally nice firearms.
    I say go for it, nothing like real steel on your hip.

Top Bottom