• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Howdy Ingo,
    I have a small range on my farm and really enjoy trying to hit my 12 inch steel gong at 50 yards. With my Smith revolvers in double action, primarily with 38 (most of the time +P and occasional 357) I am able to cream it repetitively. With metal frame da/sa 9mm's I can get anywhere from 3/5 to 5/5 hits on the target, using any grain fmj (the Beretta 92FS is probably my best shooter in this category). My Glock 22 may be slightly better with 4/5 to 5/5. I do not shoot enough 45acp to remember what my results are.
    When it comes to my M&P 9 (Gen 1 and Gen 2) along with the Glock 17 I can not shoot them well at 50 yards with 115 or 124 grain fmj. Using 147 grain jacketed hollow points like Speer Gold Dot or Winchester PDX 1, I am able to hit the target 7/10 times with the M&P 2.0 and 4/6 times with the Glock 17. I was just wondering if anyone else has had better results hitting targets at 25 yards plus with heavier grain ammo than lighter grain. Any input is appreciated

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I remember the days we had to qualify out to 50 yards with handguns for ILEA. And some PPC matches.

I can't tell you my % on steel but while steel is fun it doesn't tell you were your kisses are most of the time (unless you see dirt but that's generally a direction)

I'd suggest putting up some full size paper targets and that will really give you more of an idea what your doing g with each handgun work on it then really ring some steel

Top Bottom