• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It's mid October so there should be predictions available, but I only find one called "Opensnow" and TWC says "wet".

Has anyone see the predictions, especially for Indiana?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just keep seeing above normal temps and snow fall. For us near Lake Michigan, that makes a great deal of sense. We get way more lake effect when the lake doesn't freeze over.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We are many years over due for a serious blizzard. I count my blessing every time we just get a foot or 2 of snow. I remember 1968 and 1978 blizzards well. What a mess.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We are doomed. I bought a new snow shovel this year since moving and no longer having to take care of a 350' driveway. Granted family still has that place and I may have to swing over to help every now and then but... we are doomed. You may thank or curse me later.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I heard yesterday on the radio that it's supposed to be colder than last year but still above normal, did not hear the snow forecast

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have seen a number of articles indicating that a La Nina will be present which typically results in a wet winter. Obviously, the temperature will dictate whether that is rain or snow.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SNOWMAGEDDON!!! :runaway::runaway:PANIC!!!! BUY FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTS!!!! That is all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are doomed. I bought a new snow shovel this year since moving and no longer having to take care of a 350' driveway. Granted family still has that place and I may have to swing over to help every now and then but... we are doomed. You may thank or curse me later.

We have a carport with the corrugated aluminum roof. Anything deeper then 2" of snow is panic mode as it starts to sag. I have "T" bars that are built to length to support it.

This year I re-built the outside support wall. Last weekend my son and I finished up the frame under the roof to support about anything that lands on it short of an airplane. Let it snow.
    sOFuQBr.jpg

budm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've been hearing both sides saying we are going to have a hell of a winter, and I've heard unpredictable. Eh. I'm hoping for maybe rain and chilly. I've liked the last couple years having like a weeks worth of snow. and that was it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have mixed feelings about winter weather. I really don't mind the snow as far as driving in it/being out in it hunting etc. However, I hate when I have to stand under a car with melting snow dripping on me or even worse a glob of slushy ice falls off and splatters all over my tool box..I HATE that. Obviously icy roads and people who forget how to drive are the worst part of winter.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I want enough snow that I can shove my 2 yr old son down the hill at Jimmy Nash park at least once. But then the rest of the winter can be warm and sunny.

Jason

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have mixed feelings about winter weather. I really don't mind the snow as far as driving in it/being out in it hunting etc. However, I hate when I have to stand under a car with melting snow dripping on me or even worse a glob of slushy ice falls off and splatters all over my tool box..I HATE that. Obviously icy roads and people who forget how to drive are the worst part of winter.
    Ah yes. The joys of working under cars / trucks in the winter and melting snow / slush hitting everything and the taste of salt in your mouth.

Top Bottom