Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite and customer service.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I bought a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite a few weeks ago. First time shooting it I am hitting 6" low at 7 yards. It has an Allen bolt to adjust the rear sights.

I used the Customer Service web page to ask what size wrench is needed. They say they reply in 3 business days. About 2 weeks later they sent me an email and said to use a 6/48" Allen wrench.

During this time I bought several wrenches and found it uses a 1/16" Allen wrench. Sight adjustment was successful.

I replied to them I could not find a 6/48" wrench, but the store had many 1/8" wrenches. I also found that a 1/16" was the correct size, which is 3/48" in their terminology.

I find this odd that they did not reduce (or simplify) the fraction. Is this a gun-smithing thing or what?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    no its a reflection on the "no child left behind" policy and society in general

my full time job is in the printing industry (and that's dying faster than you can imagine) and I cant tell you how many people don't understand the simple math required to design things, everyone who bought a computer suddenly turned into a graphic artist, I cant tell you how many times I had to call "johnny graphic artist" who designed his brochure on a hp or compac "best buy computer" and tell them "your artwork is wrong" and have to explain to them that .13 is not 1/3 rd because they designed their letter folded brochure to 3.13x8.5 and not 3.66x8.5

and they always said .13 is 1/3rd! and I had to say no its not.

and the real funny part was when I had to explain it to a graphic artist!, it was someone who graduated from collage with a degree in graphic design!

Top Bottom