• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I need to have a more professional appearance at times now. So I am wondering which tuckable
    works best for most? I am looking for something that will be as comfortable as possible. So what are the trade offs on a hybrid? Versus a more conventional leather loop holster. Would the hybrids distribute the weight better? I alternate between all steel and lightweight Commander. For the most part I think people will not notice either.

Thanks

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Crossbreed and Galco make a good hybrid tuckable holster. I use the Galco KingTuc for my 5.25" XDm. I can carry it all day long without issue. Make sure you have a proper gun belt too. The best holster in tbe world isn't ant good without a good belt. The Daltech Force Super BioBelt looks great and does a great job.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Crossbreed and Galco make a good hybrid tuckable holster. I use the Galco KingTuc for my 5.25" XDm. I can carry it all day long without issue. Make sure you have a proper gun belt too. The best holster in tbe world isn't ant good without a good belt. The Daltech Force Super BioBelt looks great and does a great job.

Same exact setup here. Galco King Tuk & a Daltech Force Super Biobelt (black one). I wear the Biobelt every day and love it. Mine has held up for 4 years of daily abuse without so much as really a mark on it.

I tried the Crossbreed, but at least on a mini tuck found the leather floppier than I'd like. The King Tuk has great retention (expect it to loosen just a bit once you put the gun in it for a few days and draw from it a few times, but still super retention). The CrossBreed has ok retention, but not as good as the King Tuk, even after I tried the blow dryer trick on the Crossbreed.

I've carried Glock 19's in the King Tuk and also have one for my 43.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like a winner what is the benefit of changing out the clips? Does it aid in hiding the holster?

Thanks

The good thing about that one is if you are concerned with the finish on your 1911, the kydex in the hybrids could cause you some issues there. I've not used an all leather holster for years, but assuming if you keep it clean, then it doesn't tend to wear on the finish as much as the kydex on the hybrid? I have tended not to worry about this since I've been carrying Glocks.

Top Bottom