• ...and so much more!
  • daventos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    I have 2 ARs. One with an Anderson lower and one PSA. All of my mags seat fine in the one with the Anderson lower. The one with the PSA lower Gen2 Pmags will not seat they just fall out. I have tried 5 different Gen2 Pmags with the same result. Gen3 work fine though. I have tried tightening and loosening the mag catch with no results. I also get the same result with full mags, partial mags and empty mags. It would be easy enough to just stop running gen2 in the PSA but I would like to be able to just grab any mag with no concern for which rifle it was going in. I thought someone might have any easy fix.

Thanks!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wonder if it is the actual mag release itself. Take it out and swap it with the one in the Anderson lower and see what happens.

daventos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    I wonder if it is the actual mag release itself. Take it out and swap it with the one in the Anderson lower and see what happens.

I tried switching the mag releases and the one from the Anderson did work in the PSA but only if I hit it pretty hard. That made me look really closely at both mage releases as well as other contact points. I noticed that the back of the gen3 pmags where it is closest to the slide release were more square at the bottom and the gen2 were rounded more. I filed away a tiny amount of plastic on one of the gen2 mags where it touches the bolt release and it now seats easily in both guns. I tried cycling the modified mag by and that worked as well. I want to take it back to the range and see if there are any issues firing the guns with the modified gen2 pmags before I file the others. I won't get a chance to that until this weekend though. Hopefully there are no issues. I included pic of the mags to show the differences but I don't know if the pic shows it well.

View attachment 60212
    The bottom pic is a gen3, the next one up is a gen2, the top one is a gen2 I filed just a bit

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Thank you for this information......I just receied several new gen 2 pmags....up until now I have used are USGI mags.

Now I need to go see how these fit and function in my rifles

Aaron

Top Bottom