• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Revere's Riders will be hosting an Invitational Rifle Match to honor Marty Brown on November 4th and 5th. Marty was an Instructor who lost her long battle with ovarian cancer this spring. This is a rifle match, there will not be an instructional portion to this event. Come prepared to shoot sighters and two qualifiers during half of each day and work the pits the other half.

Follow this link "Marty Brown Invitational Rifle Match" to view the match rules, divisions and to get signed up.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Too bad, can't have any firearm in the vehicle other than the rifle declared.

I was there a few weeks ago for a pistol event and out of 40 shooters, nobody had to register their guns. I had a bag full of them and specifically asked if I needed to give serial numbers. The answer was a giant no.
    I was told this policy has changed on base. Maybe TJ, Hop, 308jake, Rayne or someone can investigate or elaborate on this?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was there a few weeks ago for a pistol event and out of 40 shooters, nobody had to register their guns. I had a bag full of them and specifically asked if I needed to give serial numbers. The answer was a giant no.
    I was told this policy has changed on base. Maybe TJ, Hop, 308jake, Rayne or someone can investigate or elaborate on this?

That would be a hugely positive change. I would consider events at Atterbury if that becomes the standard policy.

Apologies for contributing to topic drift . . .

I did not know Marty Brown, but I think this is an excellent tribute and I hope many people choose to participate and honor their friend.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been going there for years now. It started out with full ID checks, questions about what you were doing on base and peeks into the car but never a search. The base was pretty active 5+ years ago. Not so much now. There are still guards at the entrance but they are "securitas" contractors not uniformed .mil. My last visit was a glance at my DL and a "you going to the pistol range? Yep!". That was it.

I haven't seen the cutie dark haired pony tail wearing MP girl carrying the M4 for a couple years now. Kinda makes me sad. :drool:

There has been a change in attitude about firearms brought onto the base but I'm not going to tell you to bring something not listed for use in a class. The event directors know the rules & I'd suggest listening to them for advise.

The I-69 Taylorsville exit is going to be the most populated area near the base. I would not feel uncomfortable in that part of the state without a sidearm but with a battle rifle at my side. You will be fine. :patriot:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The I-69 Taylorsville exit is going to be the most populated area near the base. I would not feel uncomfortable in that part of the state without a sidearm but with a battle rifle at my side. You will be fine. :patriot:

Not really worried about that area, it's when going home or have to do some errands after the shoot.

Top Bottom