• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Our server guru Anthony is going to be making an announcement regarding iTrader which will be our new feedback system for classifieds transactions. With any change there are going to be some members who don't like it. I'm sorry about that but I have to make a decision in the best interest of the board as a whole and I hope those who have expressed concerns will come to enjoy iTrader

iTrader is used on thousands of busy forums with great results. The INGO mod staff doesn't have time to be going through +1, -1 threads and in some cases locking and waiting for member replies. On top of that the +1, -1 is not easy to search especially for certain usernames.

Overall I know iTrader will be a better system. If it doesn't work out we can always go back and the feedback that has been collected in that forum will stay for reference.

Thanks,

Fenway :ingo:

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    You can view & read the the Global Announcement for the Itrader program, the +1/-1 forums have been closed & the Itrader Feedback/Rating system is now active.

Please ignore the text links for using the system, im still waiting to see if we have the old PSD files to create the new buttons.

The GA contains a small How-To on using Itrader, if your not familiar with it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    When I click on the announcement it says, "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    :dunno:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    When I click on the announcement it says, "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    :dunno:

??? I can't look? ???

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I logged in as both of you and can view the Announcement just fine using either of your accounts.

ga.png

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Looks like the only issue that I am running into is that you can only rate 3 people per day... I have sold more than that today and would like to rate all of those who purchased my stuff... any thoughts.... (as I will probably forget to rate them if I don't do it the same day...

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    Looks like the only issue that I am running into is that you can only rate 3 people per day... I have sold more than that today and would like to rate all of those who purchased my stuff... any thoughts.... (as I will probably forget to rate them if I don't do it the same day...

Never changed that limit, it was set default, the new limit is 50 per day.

Also, if your purchasing 50 things a day, i would suggest SA.... :laugh:

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    There are no permission settings related to global announcements, verifying with your account coserman, i posted the picture above, i can view the announcement just fine with your account.

You will need to provide details of exactly what your doing and what link your using to view the announcement.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    There are no permission settings related to global announcements, verifying with your account coserman, i posted the picture above, i can view the announcement just fine with your account.

You will need to provide details of exactly what your doing and what link your using to view the announcement.

I click New Posts, and this link to the announcement is at the top of the page, above the search results. I get the permissions error when I click it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._feedback_and_buyer_seller_rating_system.html

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I don't mind the change, but I have seen it get put on and then taken off of a few other forums over the last year because people just don't like doing all the "extra" stuff.

Hope it works out, kudos for trying to streamline!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Same error message here. Boy, this is fun Fenway.

Edit: For clarification, I am whining about the error message that everyone seems to be getting on their computer but that the server guru says he can't nail down, not whining about the ITrader change.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom