• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Posts made in the classifieds section of INGO no longer count towards your post count. If your post count has gone down this is the reason why. Thanks!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm still waiting for him to make the Intro forum posts not count, but he's resisting. :)

But good choice on the Classifieds post count, Fen! :woot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'm still waiting for him to make the Intro forum posts not count, but he's resisting. :)

But good choice on the Classifieds post count, Fen! :woot:

+1 on the sale forums. But why not on the intro?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Because I want to encourage people to welcome new members. Some members here enjoy seeing their post count go up and will say hello just for that reason. The problem is we have many people who just post a smiley face. It's better than nothing I think but it's not really what I had in mind. So we can look into turning it off in the welcome forum as well. Posts counts will go way down. It's fine with me but I'm going to give that one some more thought.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Because I want to encourage people to welcome new members. Some members here enjoy seeing their post count go up and will say hello just for that reason. The problem is we have many people who just post a smiley face. It's better than nothing I think but it's not really what I had in mind. So we can look into turning it off in the welcome forum as well. Posts counts will go way down. It's fine with me but I'm going to give that one some more thought.

Personally, I think reason 1 outweighs reason 2. The overwhelming welcomes really makes this forum stand apart from others.

Plus, if you do take those away, the posts to the 1000 and 2000 point clubs will repeat! :):

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I think people may be less likely to say hello to new memebers.
    Im good with it not counting in the class section

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    How about in this forum? See giving added post count works.... I wouldn't have posted a reply but since it would help my post count I did!

I'm all for leaving the :welcome: forum as it is...... Sometimes I write a little note with my welcome sometimes I'm in a hurry but I should get a little reward for taking the time to post a welcome.

On some of the forums I'm on that don't give a bump for welcomes I log on and hit the mark this forum read on the welcome forum.... I know I'm a bad boy.:moon:

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    OK being New I have a relevant question ( I think)

What's the difference what the post count is?

Is it a measure for something?

Does it mean you get something special?

I think it is amusing, but don't see the practice use of them.

I tend to look for moderator badges or the supporter badges. I have seen people with high post counts that I personally don't have much respect for their opinion, and others yet who have smaller post counts that I respect quite a bit, and vice versa.

Am I missing something?

As for the little welcome wave thing. I liked it when I joined, it at least let me know there were those who read my howdy post and took the time to say Hi. I did appreciate it. Only time I put in more myself, is if the person puts something in the post that I have in common. Place, name, other fact given.
    But as far as it going to the post count it really doesn't matter to me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Posts made in the classifieds section of INGO no longer count towards your post count. If your post count has gone down this is the reason why. Thanks!

Great Move !!! Some will now have Negative Post Counts ;)

Welcome Post Count needs to go too :D

I usually welcome newbies that appear to reside in my geographical area or if I know them but its difficult to type more than :welcome: to someone who you do not know or who hasn't posted enough to have a meaningful forum thread. If you read the Welcomes, some have 3, 4, 5 pages of :welcome:'s only

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I'll support the descision either way on the Welcome post's.
    I say hello when I'm in the mood.
    Maybe every other post there should count there.
    +1 on the Classifieds post's.

Maybe post count should be a Bar like REP. with no definate number shown?

Great Job as always Mike!
    Thanks!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought it terribly humorous a few weeks ago seeing someone padding their post count. They were greeting members that had joined months earlier.:laugh:

Good move on the classifieds. I think the welcomes should be the same. It would make the welcomes sincere.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I thought it terribly humorous a few weeks ago seeing someone padding their post count. They were greeting members that had joined months earlier.:laugh:

Good move on the classifieds. I think the welcomes should be the same. It would make the welcomes sincere.

:+1:

The welcomes are still nice to new members, but people just abuse them sometimes

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As moderators we also see many newbies welcoming 10 of the latest members so they can get into the classifieds section.

My thought was always "how can you be welcoming others when you just got here yourself??"

Top Bottom