1/1/09: Custom user titles for Site Supporters only!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Starting Jan 1 09 Custom User Titles will only be available to Site Supporters, Advertising Supporters, Moderators and Admins.

The user title is the text that appears under your username and up until this point anyone could edit it. Starting Jan 1 09 if you are a registered member your title will read.

Plinker
    Marksman
    Sharpshooter
    Expert
    Master
    Grandmaster

If you are a Site Supporter or Advertiser your title will read the same thing or you have the option to edit it to your liking.

Why are we doing this?

If it were not for the Site Supporters and Advertisers this site would have folded months ago. I want to give back to these members by giving them custom options. Registered members will always be able to display an avatar, have a signature, search the site etc... This is just another small way I can give back to the Supporters.

Thanks!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    ZOMG NOES!!!!

Just Kidding :)
    approve.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It look at it this way. INGunOwners has allowed me to purchase and sell things that together have saved me money over buying new. So I provide a cut to the management. :D

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I agree here totally and would like very much to become a site supporter or ?. What is the process and where do I send the support $ if need be! I have really enjoyed my time on this site and want to see it continue to grow and be available to everyone out there, this is what we need in these times we are entering!
    Please get the info out to me so that I can join in and help keep this going!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I agree here totally and would like very much to become a site supporter or ?. What is the process and where do I send the support $ if need be! I have really enjoyed my time on this site and want to see it continue to grow and be available to everyone out there, this is what we need in these times we are entering!
    Please get the info out to me so that I can join in and help keep this going!

CLICKY ---> https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5833-ingo_supporter_memberships_are_here.html :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ok, I gotta fess up here...... I s'pose I'm old enough that it's reasonable for me to have forgotten when I became a site supporter...... Do we get a reminder before our renewal date? I checked my user CP and didn't see anything relevant there..... :dunno:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes. Supporter membership is 1 year. I will inform members when they are getting close.

Ok, I gotta fess up here...... I s'pose I'm old enough that it's reasonable for me to have forgotten when I became a site supporter...... Do we get a reminder before our renewal date? I checked my user CP and didn't see anything relevant there..... :dunno:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    This is just another great reason to be a site supporter, as if we needed more reasons. If you've got the $$$, supporting this forum is a no brainer.

:yesway::yesway:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Fenway, would it be possible for a Site Supporter to make a contribution on behalf of another member so that person could also be a Site Supporter? This would be done on behalf of someone who the Site Supporter sees as a particularly valuable contributer to the conversation but who is someone unable to make a financial contribution. Thanks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Fenway, would it be possible for a Site Supporter to make a contribution on behalf of another member so that person could also be a Site Supporter? This would be done on behalf of someone who the Site Supporter sees as a particularly valuable contributer to the conversation but who is someone unable to make a financial contribution. Thanks.

Absolutely. In fact, the Site Supporter donation is a suggested minimum. You're free to donate as much as you like and put it in anyone's name you choose. EVERYTHING you donate goes to help support the site.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My MO is on the way! I'm just sorry I couldn't contribute more! I may do so later this year though.

Thanks Fenway. This site has been more informative and more inspiring than anything else I've seen on the internet. It's amazing what a group of people can do when they come together with a unified interest in something.

Always looking forward to get-togethers and group shoots! :D

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    another site I visit does this as well, and if someone is particularly annoying, funny or infamous for doing something, a mod will change their title to something less than desirable. Its pretty amusing.

Top Bottom