General Forum Rules
1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is unwelcome here. Posts which are indecipherable due to the inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation.
3) Avatars and Signatures are allowed but must be G-rated. Signature size must be appropriate and not distract from the flow of threads.
4) As we can never convey a philosophy through a few rules, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership. No Second Chances; No Argument; No Trial; No Way. At best you will receive one warning via PM (Private Message).
5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.
6) Do not post any written content that is not yours on INGunOwners.com.
Do not post news articles, content from blogs or any other content from sites around the web on INGunOwners.com . Feel free to post your own words and a link to the content but DO NOT copy and paste any text that does not belong to you on INGunOwners.com.
Finally INGO continues to grow at an amazing rate and we are the best State based gun board on the web. The members of INGO make it great. Thanks for being here and I hope you enjoy the site!
Subject to these few constraints, we hope you'll join us and actively participate in the discussions here on INGO. Enjoy
In order to participate in the classifieds section you must have a quality post count of 50 or more. This policy is in place to help weed out scammers/spammers and gives our members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member. Do not attempt to gain access to the classifieds by posting a bunch of "one liners". That will not work. Thank you and enjoy the classifieds!
Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the immediate removal of your ad. There will be no warning, no explanation, no PM to inform you your ad has been removed. Thanks for your understanding in this matter!
1. Prefix your ad using the drop-down selector with:
- WTS: (Want To Sell) -> requires an asking price
- WTB: (Want To Buy)
- WTT: (Want To Trade) -> strongly recommend adding a trade value or specific trades
2. All ads require your location. If you choose not to display your location in your post bit (info that appears below your avatar) you must include your location in the ad itself! If the OP gives a location, please don't ask where that is. Look it up!
3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may 'bump' it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a new post ("bumping") to allow your ad to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.
4. ALL FREE, WTS & WTT classifieds on INGO require a picture of the item being sold/traded. Ads that do not contain a picture will be removed.
WTB ads do not require a picture. INGO Advertisers are exempt from this rule.
The following link will show you how to post a picture if you don't already know how.
5. Post your ad in the appropriate forum.
6. No links to auctions. No links to ads placed on other sites.
7. Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. Because ads move so quickly, the staff are having to spend huge amounts of time deleting irrelevant posts in threads to keep them from bumping early. Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc. If an ad states WTS then do not ask if they will trade. If the ad states WTT do not ask if they have a cash price.
ANY OTHER COMMENTS WHATSOEVER are off-limits and belong in their own thread in one of the other forums. ABSOLUTELY NO "Free bumps!" It's up to the thread starter to bump his/her own ad and the rules clearly state ONE bump every 24 hours. Do NOT ask in the forum to see pictures. Your continued access to the Classified Forums hinges on your ability to follow this simple rule!
See this thread for more info:
8. Close your thread once your item sells. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.
Steps to close your ad: While viewing your thread, click ADMINISTRATIVE (top of the thread). Be sure CLOSE THREAD is checked, and click PROCEED to close your ad.
***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" border="0" alt="" />
9. No sales of anything unlawful. This includes such things as suppressors and SBR/SBS, unless you have a FFL to permit such, and the buyer is to obtain a tax stamp on it. It also includes but is not limited to alcohol or anything else requiring licensing to lawfully sell. As "trades" are a gray area, we are going to err on the side of caution and disallow that also. If you have a question, please PM a mod and ask. INGO is the conduit by which you make contact with each other, and the responsibility for compliance with applicable law falls upon you, the buyer and you, the seller.
10. If you break one of these rules by accident, report your own post and let the mods know. If someone else reports it, it looks a lot less like an honest mistake.
To REPORT a post, click the yellow triangle found at the bottom of each post, and then include a brief description in the subsequent pop-up that follows.
***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" border="0" alt="" />
Below is a template you can use to place your ad:
DESCRIPTION: (caliber, mags, ammo, scratches, etc)
LOCATION: (whether you are willing to travel and how far)
Put pictures here
The fine print that you read and agreed to before registering on INGunOwners.com
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of INGunOwners will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of INGunOwners, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws.
The owners of INGunOwners reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason